Linux Administrator III - US - 18226
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit your Resume to this Job' button.
Job Title Linux Administrator III - US
Category Information Technology
Location US-TX-Austin Austin, TX 78753, US
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
We are looking for a Linux System Administrator who will be a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and is expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers over the phone and via support tickets. A System Administrator is responsible for complex customer issues which may take several days or weeks to resolve. The Administrator applies creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems; as well as keeping the customer aware of every step along the way via the ticketing system.
- Take ownership of customer issues to include: routing, prioritization, troubleshooting to resolution
- Ability to add in non-standard modules to Apache
- Understands performance monitors and their output using tools such as Cacti, Open NMS, Munin, SNMP
- Basic RPM building skills
- Troubleshoots and configures replication for MySQL
- Custom compile RPMS’s and software. Builds and tests RH clusters using advanced storage
- Performance tuning
- Able to serve as an SME for projects
- Involved in cross departmental projects
- Creates technical documents for review and use on the Wiki
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Rackspace, a world leader in hosting delivers enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, and e-mail hosting services to businesses of all types and sizes globally. Today we serve thousands of customers from data centers around the world. Rackspace integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs delivering it as a service via the company's commitment to Fanatical Support®. We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments enabling them to focus on their core business. Rackspace was founded in 1998 and since then has had significant growth year after year. There are now over 4,000 Rackers employed worldwide dedicated to providing customers our premier hosting services.
- Requires 2+ years Linux principles experience working in a computer technical field
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience, preferred
- RHCT certification is required
- RHCE preferred
- Ability to conduct SW compiling
- Excellent knowledge of clustering, My SQL, network fundamentals, and Shell scripting
- Understands the OSI model and able to apply this knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Rackspace Products
- Excellent understanding of DNS
- Knowledge of OM report and ILO
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0
Rackspace - 2 years ago
Rackspace Hosting is fanatically focused on hosting services, but also has its head in the clouds. The company provides a range of Web...