Under limited supervision, provides underwriting support for the most complex business, including multi-national/local, package, portfolio and/or specialty policies. Establish contacts with agents by phone, electronic mail, and by in-person visits with an underwriter. Works on assigned products and lines of business; prescreens new/renewal submissions for appetite, gathers required information, initiates UW documentation and pricing tools, summarizes loss information, in order for UW to efficiently review/price/negotiate risk. For a select book of renewal business, may provide end-to-end support in evaluating, pricing, documenting, and issuing renewal policy.
Provides support to members of the underwriting department in the areas of underwriting operations, procedures, and work management.
For proprietary products/systems, computes rates and premiums for policies, compiles appropriate Declarations and coverage forms, including optional endorsements, to complete quote and policy issuance. For ISO based products/systems, provides rate quote and issuance instructions, including forms and endorsements, in order for UW Services/RT to complete quote and policy issuance.
Expectations for Success:
1. Demonstrates initiative and willingness to support Underwriters and take on additional responsibilities over time
2. High sense of ownership in work product
3. Demonstrate support of others; a team player
4. Maintain professional demeanor in all circumstances
5. Effective problem identification and problem solving skills
6. Able to provide and accept constructive feedback professionally
7. Behaviors align with Zurich Basics and culture
8. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
9. Willingness to learn and embrace change
10. Comfortable interacting with Producers and CSRs
High School Diploma Or Equivalent
Strong customer service skills; willing to participate in client meetings and being first point of contact on accounts
2 or more years of general UA related experience required or recent college graduate with no experience
Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
Experience with Professional Liability preferred
Must possess strong communication skills and analytical skills with ability to communicate effectively with people in variety of roles
Must be self/motivated with an ability to work independently
Must be highly detail-oriented
PC proficient: MS Word, Excel, Windows NT, Lotus Notes
Zurich North America - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in Europe,...