Do you make things that are as elegant and efficient as they are beautiful? Do you look at your banks ATM screen and think about ways to make it better? Do you get excited about working with a multi-disciplinary design team that draws on 50 foot whiteboards? Want an opportunity to work with clients on every continent (well, except Antarctica)? Then we should talk. Markit on Demand in Boulder Colorado is looking for designers to join our expanding team. Interaction and Information design is the realm we work in every day - web, app, mobile and print are all our methods of delivery.
What do we do?
Our work must be beautiful, usable, and tell a story. We love digging into complex and messy problems because that's our opportunity to tease a little order out of the chaos. We work with other designers, developers, financial analysts, and our clients to set new standards for information design. This work is widely used, billions of views each day (that’s billion, with a ‘b’), so what you do here matters.
We have a team of over 30 designers, and as business continues to grow, so do we. We're looking for people who can create compelling experiences, who live and die by the grid, and who can see a story in a thousand data points. The skills we employ include everything from user research, information architecture and wireframes to pixel-perfect interactive comps. We hope Adobe Creative Suite is an extension of your hands, you know enough CSS to be dangerous and maybe even play around in Processing from time to time.
We're looking for designers with good work, from those just starting out, to those who've been at it for years. Either way we'll give you opportunities to grow and be part of a team that creates amazing work. Whether you're a visual design master, or a user experience specialist, you should be able to explain your work with both confidence and humility. In our culture, every single one of us is both an eager student and a patient teacher.
This might be your kind of place if you...
• think design lies in the intentionally imperfect union of form and function.
• can tell us a story through numbers alone. Or chopsticks for that matter.
• discovered Tufte and realized you weren't alone in your obsession.
Oh, and us? How nice of you to ask. We...
• don't love cubicles. Or barriers of any kind really.
• blush when clients call us data geeks, or tell us we're detail obsessed.
• are equally fascinated by Radiolab and Planet Money.
On top of the good stuff like competitive salaries, health insurance, and 401k, there's…
• getting paid to bike, bus or carpool.
• unlimited chocolate.
• time to work on what you want (like that crazy idea you have been dreaming about for months).
So if you think you'd be a good fit here, send us…
• your résumé. We need to see how well you color inside the lines.
• your portfolio, Dribbble link or any other work examples. Coloring outside the lines is encouraged.
• a link to your favorite data visualization and what about it resonates with you.