How to Apply
Applicants may proceed by clicking on the "Apply Now" button. To apply later, return to jobs.stvincent.org.
In addition, you may apply via one of the Employment Kiosks located in each of our St. Vincent Health facilities.
The biller reports to the System Manager Billing and is responsible for preparing and completing claims for commercial insurance companies, third party organization or government payers. Ensures that bills are processed timely for prompt reimbursement. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
1) Transmits patient claims in the appropriate billing format consistent with payer regulations and guidelines. Coordinates and validates electronic and manual claims consistent with edit criteria.
2) Takes appropriate action to follow up with claims that fail electronic edit system.
3) Demonstrates basic knowledge of third party reimbursement requirements.
4) Queries appropriate department contact to resolve unbilled claims.
5) Maintains documentation in patient record of all billing activities.
6) Work front-end electronic transmission rejections and re-bill as necessary for assigned payer.
7) Make adjustments and rebill of late charges and/or credits received after final bill has been produced.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of previous hospital or physician billing experience
- Experience with Medicare billing process and guidelines
- Experience with commercial billing
As an equal opportunity employer, St.Vincent Health and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent Health and all its ministries are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
St. Vincent Health and its ministries do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have additional questions about your application process, you may contact our HR Service Center at (317) 338-8640 or toll free at (877) 784-4772.
St. Vincent Health
- 2 years ago - save job