Provide overall leadership to store personnel in order to maximize sales, profitability and customer satisfaction. Ensure merchandising is a major focus and capability of our stores and implement merchandising plans and programs required to achieve the profitable operation of assigned Department.
- Provide technical and merchandising direction to departments within the stores to ensure continued profitability
- Teach, train, motivate, and develop existing associates. Properly manage the vendor supplied technical resources to maximize results.
- Monitor of Merchandising programs and safety guidelines in department, ensuring that Associates understand and comply with merchandising programs and safe operational practices
- Assist Operations and Support Service with new store openings, remodels & resets specifically with regard to identifying equipment needs, existing and new associate training and orientation.
- Establish store standards, discipline and staffing levels and monitor compliance. Participate with District Managers in the identification and selection process of Department Managers.
- Identify opportunity stores in assigned area; to analyze problems, issues, identify root cause of problems impacting opportunity stores related to sales and profit. Implement corrective plans.
Skills and Knowledge
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and a self-starter
- Ability to influence and communicate cross functionally
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and strategic planning skills with a strong attention to detail
- High level of customer service skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
Ahold USA is the American arm of Netherlands-based Royal Ahold -- one of the world's leading grocery retailers. The subsidiary oversees some...