WPTZ/WNNE-TV is seeking qualified applicants for a full time satellite truck operator position.
• Drive and operate a 29 foot long satellite truck used for live news stories, as well as scheduled and breaking /special projects.
• Operate and help troubleshoot video, audio, RF, baseband, signal processing, transport and transmission equipment. Perform and log routine checks and maintenance on truck and equipment.
• When not operating the truck, this Engineer will help with preventative maintenance at our studio facility in Plattsburgh NY.
• Complete daily inspection of truck and maintain DOT log book.
• Must possess a non-CDL class C license, have an excellent driving record and be familiar with DOT requirements. References and driving record will be checked.
• Position requires flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, as well as extensive travel within the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market and adjacent markets.
• A valid health card is required.
• The ability to perform safely and efficiently under deadline pressure is required.
• HS diploma or equivalent necessary.
• Candidate should possess a good background with computer technologies, as well as the ability to learn various computer applications and internal programs critical to broadcast TV.
• Experience performing satellite operations in a News environment preferred. Will train the right candidate.
• Basic knowledge of electronics theory (or better) preferred.
Qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter indicating referral source to:
WPTZ- Satellite Truck operator search
5 Television Drive
Plattsburgh, N.Y. 12901
Or email: humanresources@
Hearst Television Inc. - 2 years ago