Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
The I & O Systems Management Leader is responsible for providing the strategic direction and thought leadership to drive the establishment of a high performing team / develop, maintain and mature the capability to manage the systems that monitor the enterprise. This position will drive the development and maintenance of an integrated solution that pulls together the disparate IT functions and technologies in order to operate a capability that monitors overall health and predicts enterprise system failures before they impact the business. The I&O team will manage or integrate with supporting technologies to monitor and evaluate system capacity, performance, availability and then aggregate the information for consumption by other teams to action against. The I&O team will also enable asset discovery and automation/orchestration capabilities to provide a common framework/platform for increasing the efficiencies / while delivering business value to our IT functions and technologies.
The candidate must possess strong thought leadership, change leadership and the ability to influence within a very complex IT environment. In addition, this resource must be able to identify the current state architecture and create a model that integrates the right technologies to enable Production Assurance to stand up a capability around Event and Availability. The I&O Systems Management Leader also has ownership over the processes that are required to develop, operate, maintain and mature
the I&O systems. They must also be able to work in an environment with a high degree of ambiguity, engage with the existing team quickly and begin to deliver results and drive value to Cargill.
This position will need to build upon the current capabilities by evaluating, consolidating and integrating the various disparate systems to build a holistic solution to manage and monitor the Cargill business systems. The goal is a flexible and sustainable solution that leverages common technologies, data models and information architecture to connect and manage the critical systems. The I&O Systems Lead plays a critical role in supporting the mission of Production Assurance which is to ensure that Cargill IT services meet the day-to-day operating needs of our Business Partners and that technology availability is in line with business expectations.
Enterprise Monitoring and Performance Management
- Oversees all activities of the I&O Systems Management team and ensures they are aligned to the expectations of cost, quality and schedule
- Develops the roadmap and execution plan that aligns to the Systems & Process Management strategy
- Accountable for delivering an enterprise monitoring solution that enables the capability for Event and Availability including but not limited to: Capacity, Performance, Availability, Discovery, Orchestration and Correlation.
- Responsible for I&O systems life cycle management including all aspects of planning, deployment and execution.
- Provides guidance and support to the Tartan and IT Leads related to their use of technology and processes in support of enterprise monitoring.
- Develops automated tools and functions to provide more effective monitoring and communication of alerts and events.
- Ensures proper governance and guidance related to I&O systems management technologies, interfaces and automation
- Maintains a process and technology performance measurements to drive continuous improvement.
- Manage the relationship of key suppliers to ensure the I&O solutions are optimized based up Cargill’s business needs
Availability and Service Continuity
30% - Talent Management:
- Drives I&O Systems Management continuous improvement that aligns system functionality and integration to the business expectation of systems availability
- Interfaces and negotiates with Service Operations Leads, Tartan and other IT functional areas to understand requirements and define new support initiatives and solutions
- Stays abreast of industry best practices and provides balance between industry standards and internal requirements
- Implement and maintain processes to ensure effectiveness of key communication to all stakeholders
- Drives standardization and consolidation of processes and management technologies across the IT Function to improve the effectiveness of service delivery and efficiencies of business interaction with IT.
- Selects, develops and retains a high performing global team.
- Establishes and Champions a culture of employee engagement within team and across regions
- Establishes and fosters an environment which is a net exporter of IT Talent through coaching in career/performance development
- Delivers timely and effective performance feedback
- Executes employee management processes (including staffing decisions, coaching, development plans, performance evaluations)
- Develops and mentors IT employees around the world to ensure Cargill has the key competencies required to meet information technology needs.
- Establishes and leads a culture of engagement in which people develop and apply their talents while enabling work/life choice.
- Accountable for work execution of direct reports
- Manage work responsibilities of direct reports
- Evaluate resource levels to ensure delivery of quality work product by team
- Set performance targets and evaluate/enforce performance against target
- Communicates key decisions, Cargill information and other enabling information to team
- Supports, encourages and facilitates collaboration and communication between teams
- Demonstrates and reinforces Cargill's Guiding Principles and Cargill Leadership Model attributes
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Computer Science or other related field, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
- 10+ years relevant business experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills
- Ability to build relationships and communicate at all levels of the organization and cross-function/platform
- Experience with leading change initiatives, within an IT context, and in a complex, multi-faceted environment
- Experience and knowledge with ITIL process methodology
- Experience leading a diverse team
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- Master’s degree in IT, Business or Related field
- Experience designing, building and deploying systems management tools
- Experience in implementing and monitoring processes for effectiveness and efficiency
- Tartan experience
Cargill - 12 months ago
Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading...