Tucson Electric Power, one of Arizona's leading utility companies, is seeking candidates for the position of Generation Engineer (III-Sr.) at it's power plant facility in Springerville . The Springerville Generating Station operates four coal-fired units north of Springerville - a small town community located near the beautiful White Mountains in northeastern Arizona at an elevation of approximately 7000 feet. This area is noted for it's four seasons and year round activities; including hunting, fishing, snow skiing, hiking, mountain biking and more. Presenting an excellent opportunity for those who enjoy living in a small-town environment, yet within 30 minutes of Sunrise Ski Resort and 3-4 hours from Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tucson and Albuquerque
This opening is for a plant performance engineer with boiler optimizing experience. The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide engineering expertise and support. This includes engineering design, project management, drawing and document preparation, contract administration, budget preparation, technical assistance, material specification, and testing and evaluation of plant equipment and systems to provide optimum reliability and efficiency.
Essential Functions: [As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.]
Other Position-Related Responsibilities:
- The coordination and control of projects assigned - on schedule, on budget, and complete.
- Assist in the professional development of the other engineers and technicians.
- Attend and participate in training as it is made available.
- Assist the Engineering Superintendent with the O&M and Capital budgeting and budget adherence.
- May supervise others, as required.
- To supervise or perform equipment testing, and performance monitoring or testing throughout the plant. Collect, evaluate, and provide equipment recommendations on a routine or as-needed basis.
- Reports to the Engineering Superintendent and performs other special assignments as required.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field
- Ability to travel, as required, to support the plant
- 3-5 years of professional experience (Engineer III)
- 5-8 years of professional experience (Engineer IV)
- 8 or more years of professional experience and professional registration (Senior Engineer)
- Preferred Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, with interest in thermal dynamics and plant efficiencies
- Previous experience in an electrical generating plant with boiler optimizing experience
- Working knowledge of coal-fired power plant processes and equipment
- Experience operating, maintaining, and tuning large coal-fired boilers
- Working knowledge of steam turbines and generators
- Experience with mechanical construction, including design, material selection and installation
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the UNS Code of Conduct and Principles of Ethics.
This posting will remain open until filled. Candidates must possess a valid driver's license, pass all qualifying tests, interview, background check, drug screen, physical exam, strength and agility.
We offer a generous package of salary, benefits and compensation which may also include relocation assistance. Our benefits package includes a 401k plan with a generous Company match, a Company sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
Keywords: performance, engineer, mechanical engineering, boiler, optimizing, optimization, construction, installation, technical, design, thermal, project management, contract administration, electric, electrical, generating, generation, station, power, plant, coal, fossil, fuel, turbine, generator, steam, utility, utilities, energy, Springerville, Show Low, Tucson, TEP, UNS, UniSource, Arizona
UniSource Energy Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job