This position bears primary responsibility for developing and implementing successful public relations programs and manages media relations that support company initiatives, positioning and brand strategy. This position will develop and distribute media materials, assist in handling proactive and reactive external communications, and provide overall support to the Corporate Communications department.
1. Promote Entergy's brand position.
2. Create, manage, and implement public relations strategies and programs, including development and management of a public relations plan, editorial calendar, and proactive communication of key company messages. Work with internal and external parties to plan and execute promotional opportunities. Assist in executing reactive communications as needed.
3. Proactive media relations outreach to build interest in Entergy and its products and services. Coordinate and arrange for interviews with appropriate company spokespersons and develop, disseminate and manage corporate and product messages to promote the company to appropriate media outlets. Manage media outreach activities, pitch stories to media, produce news releases, craft media statements, key messages, talking points, etc. Perform speaker and spokesperson duties as assigned. Write news releases, letters, presentations, and speeches as needed. Copy, edit and proofread materials. Measure, analyze and report media coverage to senior management.
4. Plan, coordinate and implement special events and other projects.
5. Monitor electric industry news to identify trends and distribute relevant articles to executive management. Track and circulate industry related or community related information.
6. Work with department members in driving results for integrated marketing plans and perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
Requires bachelors degree preferably in journalism, communications, public relations, or English
Works under close to moderate supervision
Two or more years of relevant work experience are required
Excellent written and verbal skills required. Additional media experience as a working journalist preferred. Strong computer skills required. Experience in managing or leading work teams preferred.
Additional preferred skills
Excellent organizational skills.
Excellent planning and execution skills with attention to detail.
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Previous experience in working with members of the media, poised in on-camera interviews.
Ability to organize special events such as news conferences and media events.
Familiarity with social media (Twitter, Facebook, texting, etc.) and the ability to put these tools to effective use in the company's communications programs.
Knowledge of how the news media operates, and how to present a story in a way that will interest editors and reporters.
Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Ability to simplify and interpret complex issues into language that the public can understand.
**Position requires being on call to respond to media inquiries 24/7 during weekdays and on some but not all weekends.
Preferred a minimum of five years direct experience in media relations, and preferably with an agency or in a corporate communications environment.
Entergy Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -