JOB TITLE: Senior Linux Administrator
Installs, configures, and maintains Linux operating systems. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with the operating system's servers, hardware, applications, and software. Detects, diagnoses, and reports Linux related problems on servers. Possess familiarity with varied concepts, standard best business practices, and procedures. Has knowledge of tools and mechanisms for distributing new and upgraded software to ensure customers receive current versions of supported software, as they become available. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks without supervision and limited guidance. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Function as a senior Linux administrator responsible for the security and monitoring of Linux servers in development, test and production environments. Plan, develop, test, and deploy application software, system software and security updates. Solve complex integration and technical problems in a dynamic fast-paced environment. Work with other Systems administrators, DBAs, and application developers to resolve issues. Basic administration tasks on RedHat servers including, but not limited to; User maintenance, storage management, patching, server builds, Satellite Server maintenance, secondary support for various Java applications on RHEL servers.
• 6+ years Linux systems administration experience specifically in managing or supporting RedHat and/or Centos Linux in production environments
• General Administration of Unix/Linux - Installation, Users Creation, Group Creation, Permissions, Creations of Folders, Mail/SMTP, Web (Apache, Tomcat), FTP, DNS, Proxy, Samba, Firewall (NAT, IP Tables, Packet Filter, IP Filter), LDAP, NFS, NIS, NFS/CIFS/FCP
• Experience configuring Linux guests in a VMware ESX environment
• Experience supporting VMWARE infrastructure in a large enterprise environment
• Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution
• Perform new hardware and Linux OS installations, patching and upgrades
• Maintain operating systems and associated infrastructure software
• Secure and harden newly built and upgraded servers for government accreditation
• Provide Tier II and III technical support including participation in a 7/24/365 on-call rotation
• Engineering or CS degree preferred
• SAN/NAS/Storage solutions experience with NetApp, NFS, or related technologies
• Expertise in developing automated scripts for monitoring or analyzing the operation of infrastructure, including Nagios scripts, log file reporting, Spacewalk/RedHat Satellite and Puppet scripts
• Experience working with F5 web load balancing systems
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 6 or more years related professional experience. (Education can be substituted for 10 years of experience).
Minimum: Must be clearable for DHS Public Trust
Preference: Active Secret Clearance
Day, 8am-5pm (with some flexibility) plus on-call/after hour support as necessary.
Focus Technology Consulting - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard