The Customer Service Manager (CSM) is responsible for customer service/sales; maintaining the integrity of branch operations, and managing the branch operations staff. The CSM must perform complex customer service duties and ensure a high level of efficiency. This position requires the ability to understand, communicate, and work to achieve the mission of the Bank. The regulations implementing the Secure and Fair Enforcement (S.A.F.E.) Act statute require that individual mortgage loan originators be registered with the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
- Works with the Branch Manager to foster superior customer service. Participates in selling Bank products and expanding customer relationships.
- Manages branch operations employees (e.g., selection, training, performance review, work allocation). Oversees and administers branch personnel issues for direct reports.
- Develops methods to streamline daily functions and improve branch productivity.
- Works with branch management to establish and achieve challenging sales/service goals for all areas of the branch.
- Balances operational controls and customer service in order to minimize risk to the Bank.
- Performs self-audits as scheduled and submits results in a timely fashion.
- Supports the achievement of branch sales goals (e.g., coaching/motivating assigned staff in the sales/service of retail banking products, selling/cross-selling bank products, organizing/participating in branch campaign activities).
- Conducts ongoing customer service, security, and technical training in the branch.
- Performs all technical functions accurately and in a timely manner to remain in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Assists with control of branch expenses.
- May be responsible for the branch in the Manager's absence.
- Implements procedures in which compliance objectives are incorporated. Schedules and reinforces training. Performs periodic reviews to measure compliance knowledge and technical application.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Three to five years of branch operations experience
Field of Experience
- Working knowledge of bank products and services
- Customer service
- Supervisory skills
- Analytical and research
- Verbal and written communication
- Familiarity with bank terminals
- Perform math and analysis
- Supervises two or more employees performing similar work.
Bank of the West - 23 months ago
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...