Responsible for maintaining and monitoring Project Management Office governance standards to ensure that business projects are initiated, managed, monitored, and closed in accordance with standard PMO practices. The role will center on project portfolio management, project processes and quality and project manager development. Successful interaction, coordination, and prioritization with Account Services, Monitoring Support, IT, CMC Operations, will be a fundamental imperative for success in this role. Responsible for recommendations to the Director of Project Management regarding project priority based on needs of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Track key project milestones and adjust project plans and resources to meet customer needs and requirements.
2. Design, implement and maintain moderately complex databases. Develop and support Database Management Systems (DBMS).
3. Analyze data requirements, application and processing architectures, data dictionaries, and data base schema(s) and develop, amend, and optimize to meet user and system(s) requirements.
4. Under general direction, provide technical expertise in the development of design and functional specifications.
5. Assist in training less-experienced software development team members.
6. Lead Team in testing and quality assurance.
7. Manage and maintain all development, test, and production databases. Develop and support standards and physical data storage design as well as maintenance, access and security administration; perform backup and recovery on Database Management Systems (DBMS) and configure database parameters and design prototype logical data model.
8. Define data repository requirements, data dictionaries and warehouse requirements; consult with and advise users on access to various databases, as well as, work with users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage.
9. Assist management with the development of database strategies that support the organization's needs and requirements.
10. Possess the ability to optimize database access and allocate/reallocate database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost.
11. Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify and resolve business and/or technical problems.
12. Prepares system documentation; establishes and maintains security, integrity and business continuity controls and documents.
13. Provide leadership and mentoring to Jr. Level technical teams.
14. Coordinate communication with all stakeholders to ensure project scope, budget, risk, and resources are optimized.
15. Utilize and implement project management processes and methodologies that ensure project delivery is accomplished on time, within a prescribed budget, and within established customer expectations.
16. Train, coach, and assist other Customer Care Project Managers with the implementation of prescribed project management methodologies and associated procedures.
17. Works directly with Customer Care business leaders and other organizational leadership to define project scope, cost, and other specifications.
18. Manage projects that have a multi-departmental integration component; act as the liaison between the project team and all project stakeholders and resource managers.
19. Assist with the establishment of a Project Management Office organization, to include portfolio view definition and management, resource management, and project methodology standardization.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
Four (4) year degree in an applied science or equivalent business experience.
Certification from Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Project Management Professional is a plus.
6 to 8 Years of Experience in Database Administration and Development
6 to 8 Years of Experience in Project Management
Must be able to manage a small team
Database Administrator/Developer in BOTH of these environments: MS Access (2003 and higher), MS SQL 2000 and 2005 environments.
Possess high-level knowledge and proficiency resource management practices and change management techniques.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to develop presentations, define requirements, summarize key findings, and define key project deliverables.
In depth knowledge of working in a program or project office environment including familiarity with best practice project governance.
Experience using enterprise portfolio management tools, ideally Powersteering.
Dynamic and driven individual with excellent influencing skills.
Proven experience in monitoring and maintaining project methodologies and processes within an organization, preferably either PMBOK or PRINCE2.
Proven experience in risk, issue and change management.
Expert user of Microsoft Project.
Proven experience in completing project health checks and quality assurance activities.
Experience in racking project budgets; advanced use of Excel for project/program/portfolio cost and benefit analysis.
Advanced presentation skills using MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Visio.
Managing projects in a Call Center environment desired.
MS SharePoint knowledge and experience desired.
Drive for Results
Ethics and Values
ADT Security Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer e/o/e/ m/f/d/v
ADT Security Services - 17 months ago
Tyco ties together its two top territories of fire protection and security. Its Tyco Integrated Security segment provides security products...