Plaudit Design is seeking a Java Web Programmer who will focus on coding website functionality in Java. Plaudit Design is a well established and growing web firm of professionals passionate about the creation of engaging, user-centered websites. These top-notch individuals focus on the various aspects of website creation, and make up a close knit team that collaborates across disciplines. Your focus will be programming of website specific functionality, and provide valuable consulting on technical aspects of client projects.
All websites are developed using Java Server Faces (JSF) and MySQL. The programming you will perform primarily consists of the creation of JSF managed-beans that the view (HTML) communicates with. These beans will often be built on top of existing system functionality and/or integrate with third-party systems. You will also help develop our code libraries and systems.
Examples of a typical programming required as part of this position include:
- Thies & Talle's Map Search - This site includes a property search by location and unit amenities. Information is imported nightly from a third-party system.
- Metro RV & Mini Storage - Storage space data and reservation process integrates with a third-party web service used by multiple self storage office locations. This integration provides up-to-date availability and seamless integration with Metro's business processes.
- Sholom's Event Calendar - Custom calendar functionality was programmed to provide a custom interface to Sholom's event.
- Consult with website planners on site functionality
- Backend programming on client websites
- Help develop code libraries
- Help front-end web developers problem solve technical issues
Skills & Requirements
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with Java or a similar object-oriented language (3+ years)
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux, Apache and DNS
- Experience using a version control system such as SVN or Git
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
- Capable of working concurrently on several projects
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to work directly with clients and team members
Competitive Benefits Package
- Experience with Java in Tomcat or JBoss
- Experience with Java Server Faces (JSF)
- Experience with Hibernate
This is a full-time employment opportunity with a competitive benefits package:
The need to meet face-to-face with co-workers and clients will limit this full-time employment opportunity to local Twin Cities applicants only. When applying, please provide URLs of websites with a description of what you programmed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
- Medical and Dental
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability
About Plaudit Design
Plaudit Design is a well established and growing web firm of professionals passionate about the creation of engaging, user-centered websites. These top-notch individuals focus on the various aspects of website creation, and make up a close knit team that collaborates across disciplines.
joelonsoftware - 18 months ago