Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
The Modeling Team within Fannie Mae?s Internal Audit organization is responsible for providing independent review and assurance relating to financial and statistical models used across Fannie Mae to ensure that model risk is effectively managed within the company. Models are used extensively for pricing, valuations, market risk management, credit risk management and forecasting purposes. The Modeling Team performs in-depth reviews focusing on data and inputs, model design and methodology, implementation, usage and monitoring of models, and interacts heavily with the various modeling teams as well as other model risk oversight functions within the company.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Apply technical knowledge and expertise to perform reviews relating to the full life cycle of models used across the company, focusing on model design/methodology, inputs and outputs, usage, model performance, monitoring and change management processes
- Conduct scoping and planning of significant portions of model audits.
- Conduct fieldwork, including data analysis, technical reviews, and other substantive testing relating to model risk related controls. Document and maintain sufficient supporting information and facilitate the presentation of findings and conclusions in accordance with the department?s work paper standards.
- Identify and discuss findings and conclusions with model developers and the Internal Audit Modeling Team. Assist in drafting of reports and other key deliverables. Identify model risk themes across organizations and propose activities to mitigate related risks
- Interact with model developers and model risk oversight functions on a regular basis, building and maintaining relationships at the director and manager levels
- Provide day-to-day coaching and guidance to staff members. Act as subject matter expert in a particular modeling area (market, credit, forecasting) and share knowledge with the Modeling Team members. Collaborate and share knowledge with other teams across the Internal Audit organization, as appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Prior experience building, testing, and/or validating models required.
- Prior experience with modeling tools such as SAS, Matlab or comparable application required.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret model results for business planning, performance monitoring and risk assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to audit through specific models including review of inputs, assumptions, methodologies and outputs.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate controls over model development, implementation and operation.
- Working knowledge of the application and development of complex decision support tools.
- Demonstrated ability to act a project manager/team leader on audit projects, coordinate assignments and monitor project team's progress, coordinate budgets and schedules
- Leveraging a risk-based approach, determine scope of modeling audits, and identify model risks and implications
- Ability to conduct risk-based modeling audits, ensuring workpapers meet re-performance requirements, and maintain compliance with audit methodology
- Superior oral and written communication skills especially the ability to explain complex ideas in simple, non-technical language and to build effective relationships.
- Willingness to identify areas of risk and also opportunities for creating efficiencies or improvements.
- Analytical skills inclusive of the ability to evaluate facts and data to draw conclusions, even if information is limited as well as explain problems or situations using a basic systematic framework.
- Ability to work in a frequently changing and unstructured environment and deal with ambiguity. Adapts to change, considering new approaches and demonstrating comfort with unpredictable problems.
- Team player that works collaboratively with various team members to accomplish integrated solutions.
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...