Are you an experienced Software Developer who has an eye for automation and quality. Are you passionate about Linux and/or Benchmarks? Then this is the job for you.
The team is responsible for qualifying the OS platform that is used to support the Amazon's server infrastructure. This includes qualifying both new software and new hardware. The team is also responsible for automating the qualification of this platform and releasing the platform to production.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Software Developer to join the team. We are looking for someone to come in and help design and develop the automation needed for a “no touch” platform qualification. This Qualification is functional as well as performance based. Most of our tools are currently written in Python, but we do have some in Java and Perl.
The position is located in Seattle, WA.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 4+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience automating qualification tests
- Understanding of performance testing
- Able to analyze testing data using standard statistics formulas
- Experience qualifying new hardware on Linux
Amazon.com - 2 years ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...