Underwrites residential mortgage loans in accordance with FHA/HUD and internal guidelines ensuring compliance with company and investor standards. Has current in-depth experience and complete knowledge of FHA/VA lending guidelines and understands how those relate to internal and investor guidelines. Able to clearly communicate FHA/VA, corporate, and investor guidelines to customers, loan processors, and sales associates. Able to make timely, accurate decisions on all FHA/VA transactions. Acts as secondary review and escalation point for conventional loans and government loans. Has thorough knowledge of complex personal and business financial analysis and expertise in tax return and balance sheet analysis. May provide training/mentoring to underwriters, loan processors, and sale associates. Must have valid DE/CHUMS ID and achieve government underwriting authority consistent with individual level of experience, including a successful CAIVERS check.
This position may be subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE ACT requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
- Minimum two years experience underwriting Conv/FHA Loans
- Must have valid DE/CHUMS ID.
- In-depth understanding of processing, underwriting, and closing procedures, and of underwriting systems and their interdependencies.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of a variety of loan products and program guidelines.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Strong analytic, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience processing Conventional FHA and VA loans and use of Automated Underwriting SystemsUS systems, DU/LP, Clues.
Bank of America - 22 months ago
Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries...