Job is located in Elk Horn, IA.
We are seeking a motivated professional to join our company as a Corporate Staff Financial Analyst. The successful candidate needs the ability to work hands-on to understand, identify and assist with a variety of complex accounting issues for a transportation business. This position will require working closely with all corporate support accounting to ensure accounting issues are appropriately resolved, monthly accounting and closing duties are performed in accordance with established schedules, and internal controls are adequately maintained.
- Conduct research into various accounting matters.
- Complete various special accounting and financial projects.
- Help prepare ad hoc financial schedules and reports for management.
- Prepare complete and accurate reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Address various accounting questions and issues as they arise.
- Analyze financial results as assigned.
- Analyze financial reports and records through an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, assisting with the accounting of reserves, assets and/or expenditures as appropriate.
- Prepare monthly general and standard journal entries, income statements, account reconciliations, cost reports and various other accounting statements and reports; provide interpretation of results as appropriate.
- Maintain good working relationships with stakeholders: division management, peers, financial and executive management.
- Assist with annual audit process.
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting or Finance.
- Two or more years accounting or applicable experience.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Excellent technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- ERP experience is a plus.
- Lawson experience is a plus
- Transportation industry experience is a plus.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
MV Transportation, Inc. - 10 months ago