Duties and Responsibilities: MySQL DBA or MySQL Database Administrator |
- Install, maintain and tune MySQL databases supporting a network of web sites and high volume transaction systems.
- Lead development, maintain, evaluate and document administration of data base tools and strategies.
- Responsible for cross training of and after-hours support to the group of infrastructure personnel assigned to a particular on-call shift in 24 x 7 high availability environments.
- Co-lead implementations of comprehensive backup and database replication solutions.
- Responsible for working with matrixes teams on design application schemas/integrity, and conduct performance tuning/optimization.
- Responsible for monitoring of database applications.
- Responsible for minor database programming / scripting on an adhoc basis.
Qualifications: MySQL DBA or MySQL Database Administrator
- Three years experience as a MySQL DBA.
- Design and support development, testing and production database instances in highly transactional web environment.
- Strong technical skills in Unix or Linux platforms.
- Working knowledge of MySQL 5.X and MySQL EM.
- MySQL replication and other high availability environment experience.
- Good understanding of internet applications and its workflow technology.
- Excellent problem solving, collaboration and communication skills.
CareerBuilder - 17 months ago