This position manages the accounts payable processing function within Intermountain Healthcare; hires, trains, and supervises Accounts Payable Specialists; oversees invoice processing assuring compliance with laws and regulations as well as Intermountain policies and procedures; assigns and directs accounts payable workflow; sets individual and workgroup goals and monitors accomplishments; develops and maintains department job descriptions; applies rigorous accounting controls; communicates with internal and external customers.
This position leads a team of centralized accounts payable specialists and works closely with Accounting Managers, Supply Chain personnel, department managers, vendors, and others.
1. Supervises central AP processing. Develops the expectations, qualifications and job descriptions for Accounts Payable Specialists assigned to the processing function. Hires and trains Accounts Payable Specialists. Develops and documents accounts payable processes and provides related training material. Monitors metrics to assure maintenance of high levels of efficiency. Oversees resolution of issues in processing disbursements. Provides timely feedback and evaluations to staff to ensure the development of a high performing team. Creates an environment exemplifying Intermountain’s Vision and Values
2. Strengthens controls and adherence to policies. Implements corrections for deficiencies identified in disbursement related audits. Oversees gate-keeping function for internal controls policies and procedures. Maintains vigilance in detecting and preventing for actual or potential frauds.
3. Oversees communication with other teams and departments. Coordinates with accounts payable development team to assure efficient and quality software is available. Facilitates resolution of problems and complex issues with other AP personnel, facility Accounting staffs, buyers, and department personnel.
4. Assists with improving Accounts Payable processes. Coordinates standardization efforts for invoice processing. Co-leads the Accounts Payable Improvement Team (APIT), removing barriers and implementing improvements. Monitors measures and benchmarks to quantify efficiencies, improvements, and quality. These measures include metrics related to the ability to take discounts, timeliness of payments, the degree to which work is “error free” and the quantity of work per FTE. Understands the details of the AP systems to ensure efficient processing and the timely resolution of any issues
5. Acts as a subject matter expert and resource to others. Serves as a backup for other Accounts Payable Manager duties. Maintains an awareness of accounts payable best practices.
Must have one of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business-related field – AND - five years of work experience in accounting or accounts payable. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Master’s Degree in accounting or business-related field – AND - three years of work experience in accounting or accounts payable. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity.
- Experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
- Experience in a role requiring an understanding of the reason for and the application of accounting controls, and an understanding and solving complex computer issues.
- Experience with PeopleSoft
- Intermountain Healthcare experience
- Healthcare experience
All positions subject to close without notice
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...