Master Tradesman – |
(Electrical/Electronic) (Job Number: 316878)
SAIC has a opening for a Master Tradesman – (Electrical/Electronic) with practical U.S. Navy ship maintenance availability experience in Norfolk, VA.
- Must have experience working with shipboard ESU Electrical troubleshooting and repairs and SCD installations.
- Must have experience in U.S. Navy electrical tag out and safety procedures for shipboard electrical/electronic systems and must be able to read and understand blue prints for electrical/electronic removal, installations and repair.
- Reads and interpret blueprints, technical manuals and other technical documentation for job completion.
- Uses multiple trade functions and tools.
- Performs duties requiring well-rounded training and experience, normally acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Inspects, repairs, maintains and modifies equipment of specialty.
- May assist in developing technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports.
- May assist in scheduling, reporting and briefing customers and middle management.
- Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
- MS/BS Electrical or Electronic Engineering plus 6 years’ experience, or Trade School plus 10 years’ experience, or High School plus 15 years of related experience.
- Must be able to work in shipboard environment including lifting, carrying and transporting heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
- US Citizen with the ability to get a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions, and in confined spaces.
- Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions including working aloft or over the sides of vessels.
- May ride ships at sea for extended periods.
- May require wearing a respirator.
- Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Oct 19, 2012, 3:49:14 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 23 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...