IT Site Supervisor-INF0004387
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
General Purpose of Position
Perform administrative duties in various sections or staffs of the organization. Gather and analyze data, make reports, prepare plans and recommendations. May represent assigned section of task committees and may lead some task activities. Work involves accuracy and ability to make decisions within the limits of general policies and procedures. Significant independent judgment is used. May be required to plan and direct work of other employees.
Specific Purpose of Position
Direct and provide single point of accountability for application and infrastructure operations for the respective site and resident Business Process Areas in GMNA.
Manage physical sites with daily Operational availability. Manage End User Support (Service desk, Service Requests, Resolutions, communications and escalations); Manage Key Suppliers of IT & IT Support (e.g., Power, Telephony); Coordinate site system and hardware deployments; Manage Special Projects (network, GMOL Hardware, Telephony, Power, Off-boards); Manage Asset quota, capacity, & resources; drive ongoing cost reductions for the sites, the systems, and the infrastructure; Active member of Change Control Board; Coordinate all changes impacting.
Major Duties and responsibilities
- Assists in planning, conducting and evaluating projects
- Monitors programs and projects
- Prepares, analyzes, summarizes and presents data in formats appropriate for the decision process (oral, written reports, presentations)
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group - Including end-users.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Site Operational Status -Manage the site to ensure daily availability of assigned sites and of business process area residents. Manage service delivery metrics. Direct the reporting and resolution of any incidents affecting the users or site. Operate the site and the resources with cost consciousness.
- Special Projects - Oversee all pending and ongoing projects to ensure stability of the site and the users, and to minimize immediate or resulting risk.
- GMOL Deployments - Oversee all pending and ongoing projects to ensure stability of the site and the users, and to minimize immediate or resulting risk.
- Asset Management - Manage all user, system and network assets to maintain operation, capacity planning, refresh planning and execution, security, and usage.
- End User Support - Serve as single point of accountability for all matters relating to user support for all Business Process Areas and Global Service Contracts. Manage IT Operations policies and procedures. of work responsibilities
End user support: -
- Escalate trouble tickets & Services requests.
- Manage customer relationship.
- Provide executive support as needed.
- Assist end users with deviation requests.
- Assist users with day-to-day IT issues.
- Support/Manage IT assets as required.
Manage key IT suppliers proactively: -
- Monitor Service Contract Performance.
- Escalate PC refresh issues/increase % of PC refreshes completed on time.
- Escalate issues with service requests.
Cash Conservation: -
- Provide reports on consumption and cost management.
- Aggressively reclaim Online hardware from employees that leave the company.
- Coordinate with Online deployment team to reduce IT software costs, expenses.
Assist with the deployment key systems: -
- Microsoft Exchange e-mail client.
- Windows 8.
- Cisco Webex Connect.
- Unified Communications.
- Softphone capability.
Asset management: -
- Special projects.
- Support site compression moves.
- Support summer intern onboarding/off-boarding.
- Manage mass salary off-boards.
- Assist with quota management on shared space as needed.
- Support Hard Quota implementation for GMNA SAN Servers as needed.
- Audit shared directory access - provide access reports as needed.
- Conduct IT coordinator meetings as needed - educate coordinators on IT standards/deployments.
- Document and update IT related processes and post.
- Maintain metrics on time taken to resolve issues.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others.
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results.
- Demonstrated ability in lead projects by coordinating the work of others.
- Demonstrated ability in use of Microsoft Office software.
Education / Training and Experience
- 4 year college degree in business related curriculum, Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent exp.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual or difficult.
- High level of interpersonal skills used to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Corporate/unit policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Knowledge of computer software.
- Greater than 10 years of experience in the business environment.
- Automotive experience would be an advantage
Primary Location: US-AZ-Phoenix
Posting Date : Mar 5, 2013, 5:36:12 PM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
General Motors - 9 months ago
- 1 day ago
- 12 days ago
West Pharmaceutical Services
West Pharmaceutical Services
- 18 days ago
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...