Hardware Software Field Service Engineer (Job Number: 316113)
The Cyber Security Business Unit of SAIC has a career opening for a TBMCS Hardware Software Field Service Engineer at Andersen AFB, Guam.
The job of the TBMCS Hardware Software Field Service Engineer is systems/database administration (SA/DBA) support for a Theater Battle Management Core Systems – Unit Level (TBMCS-UL). System Administration support shall include performing the full range of TBMCS-UL systems administration tasks to include Windows 2000/2003 Server and Windows 2000/XP Workstation operating system administration, installation, configuration, and reconfiguration. Some travel required.
- TBMCS-UL software installation and applications server configuration.
- Experience with Oracle, Windows and TBMCS-UL application-related activities:
- Will perform periodic database backups, database recovery, loading new databases, reinitializing and reloading databases upon installation of new software version releases.
- Database and applications server performance monitoring.
- Database storage allocation.
- Database and server distribution monitoring
- Maintaining database configuration and server-related parameter tables
- Database SQL query, form, report and related script design and development.
- Monitoring application data flow and processes.
- External system interface implementation at the functional level.
- System performance monitoring and multi-server troubleshooting.
- Security and user ID/duty position management.
- Reporting database related problems and resolving them to the degree possible consistent with operational site configuration management restrictions.
- Provide inputs to system status briefings and reports, and informal, mentor-guided on-the-job training to newly-assigned US Government system and database administration and user personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of related experience. Additional training, technical certification, and/or years experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Windows 2000/2003 administrator experience in an enterprise environment.
- Comp Tia A+ Certification.
- Must be a US Citizen with a Secret clearance.
- Experience with TBMCS-UL Servers and Clients, Veritas Back-up Exec, Symantec Ghost, Systems Management Server 2003, Oracle 10i administration, Apache Web Server, familiarization with Air Force Information Technologies policies and regulations.
- Experience with VBScript language, MSCA or MCSE is highly desired.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Oct 5, 2012, 12:05:24 PM
Primary Location: United States-GU-ANDERSON AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...