Nesco Resource is seeking a qualified Linux
for a direct-hire position in Irving, TX.
(Must be able to work a 7pm-7am shift with 4 days on 3 days off and alternating 3 days on 4 days off)
Qualified candidates please email resumes to: email@example.com
Call: 972-991-2881 (ask for Calvin)
Engineer will work on the overnight shift to provide Tier II escalation services in support of enterprise production webhosting systems. The engineer will work closely with Tier I engineers to ensure that all aspects of the customer's ongoing systems administration are successful. The engineer will act as an escalation point for customer issues that cannot be quickly remediated by Tier I support, as well as correcting recurring technical issues. The engineer will also act as a technical mentor to Tier I personnel. Engineer will be expected to gain certification in their area of expertise as requested by Management.
- 5+ years experience and a solid profile that can be demonstrated with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and/or CentOS on Intel x86-64.
- 5+ years large environment experience working with enterprise server platforms; preferably HP Proliant, or IBM xSeries.
- 3+ years of experience in support of and administration with Apache webhosting.
- Strong working knowledge of Internet networking technologies and principles including TCP/IP and DNS.
- Excellent problem solving skills with emphasis on logical problem solving.
- Excellent communication and client relation skills.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Team player with focus on company results.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing customer-focused quality service..
- Certified as RHCE for version 4 or 5. (Preferred not required)
- 3+ years creating code and scripting in operating system shells.
- 3+ years of experience in support of and administration with any of the following:
- MySQL or Oracle experience as it relates to troubleshooting and support.
- Technical lead or senior level escalations experience.
- Virtualization experience using VMWare, XEN, or VirtualBox. Prefer VMWare VCP Certifications.
- Networking architecture and troubleshooting, operations management.
- Any developer experience using PERL, PHP, C++ with an emphasis on LAMP stack support and troubleshooting.
- If you are qualified for this position please apply to this posting or email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org