Position Summary (Overall purpose and objective of the position)
The Communications position will be responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing broad-scale communications programs as an integral part of marketing, community and client relationship initiatives. This position reports to the CMO of National Flood Services.
(List major job responsibilities that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation)
• Responsible for Public Relations, Community Affairs, External communications with our clients and Internal communications to the employee base.
• Work with and support multiple internal stakeholders – Human Resources, Marketing, Client Management and Operations
• Experience sourcing and writing content across a variety of topics – general, technical and industry specific
• Familiarity with email service provider programs and HTML to deliver email communications.
• Creates strategies, tactics, activities and materials to support company initiatives
• Ensures that all communication materials meet established standards relating to appearance and content.
• Strong project management skills to ensure timely completion of all programs
Additional, Non-Essential Functions/Responsibilities
• Effectively communicate information all constituents
• Work independently with moderate supervision as well as within a team environment.
• Maintain an established level of productivity using time management techniques.
• Able to shift between priorities as needed throughout the workday.
People Management: N/A
Fiscal Management: N/A
Property Management: N/A
Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education, Certification, License, Training
Job Related Experience:
• 5+ years of office and/or administrative background including prior Marketing experience.
• Prior working knowledge of insurance processing preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills including both verbal and written with the ability to speak effectively in a public arena.
• Ability to maintain and display a positive attitude at all times; supporting business needs and changes; supporting continuous improvement; and supporting the National Flood Insurance Program.
• Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work with frequent and multiple policy, procedure, and regulation changes.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, or writing or equivalent preferred. May substitute a combination of education and related experience.
Physical Conditions/Requirements (Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodations)
• Position requires the ability to hear and communicate clearly, orally and in writing.
• Occasional travel to meetings or outside training may be required.
Employee must perform all of the essential functions/responsibilities for classification in this position.
Unique Functions, Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education, Certification, License or Training to
Essential Functions: N/A
Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education, Certification, License or Training: N/A
Physical Conditions/Requirements: N/A
Travel: Travel to meetings or outside training is required.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absence or relief, or to equalize peak workload periods.
StoneRiver - 22 months ago