Measurement Engineer | #10698
Blount International, Inc. has an exceptional Measurement Engineering opportunity in the Prototype Lab at our global headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and profits. We value our employees and their contributions to our success; product innovation and product quality; continuous improvement through total quality management; environmentally sound and responsible business practices; honesty, integrity, and social responsibility in our business; and customer service. We believe our employees are the foundation of our Company's success, and we are committed to continuous learning and quality, focusing on the customer, respect and accountability, flexibility, and good relationships with others.
The successful candidate will apply extensive technical expertise in mechanical engineering, electronics, physics, and computer sciences while designing, developing, and building measurement systems to produce valid data supporting the development of new products.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMTED TO:
- Design, develop, build, operate and maintain measurement systems including associated mechanical and electronic systems
- Design and build new measurement platforms including custom instrumentation; modify equipment for new applications
- Design, operate and maintain data acquisition systems
- Develop and maintain LabVIEW programs for data acquisition/analysis and test control
- Develop and implement documentation requirements to comply with standards
- Analyze data and communicate results effectively with a wide range of customers
- Work with other engineers to develop new testing methods and processes, and new instrumentation as required by product development projects
- Validate performance of measurement systems to customer specifications
- Select computer systems, software, sensors and instrumentation
- Develop and achieve project schedules
- Write capital equipment requests and manage capital projects
- Provide and coordinate calibration services
- Develop training material and train technical staff
- Deliver excellent and timely communication both written and verbal to a wide audience, in non-technical terms as appropriate, while also listening effectively
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent discipline required.
ABOUT BLOUNT INTERNATIONAL, INC:
- Five or more years of relevant experience, including the design of mechanical systems and electronic systems, proficiency with multi-channel data acquisition systems, and a broad range of manufacturing processes
- Prior experience with manufactured tools and/or whole good products and applications, especially in the outdoor power tool/lawn & garden market is desired
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with LabVIEW programs is required.
- Proven project management experience
- Ability to think both creatively and analytically
- Demonstrates a readiness and willingness to implement new ideas and concepts
- Adept in dealing with changes in direction, priorities, and project requirements
- Contributes to an atmosphere that enhances productivity, promotes teamwork, and cooperation
- Ensures that deadlines are met by managing lead-times, equipment and resources
- Experience with coaching customers on testing options and collaborating with them to find optimum testing balance
Blount is a publicly traded (NYSE: BLT) designer, manufacturer, and marketer of equipment for consumers and professionals in select global end markets, including Forestry, Lawn and Garden; Farm, Ranch and Agriculture; and Concrete Cutting and Finishing. We also supply major chainsaw and lawn mower original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with cutting attachments.
Blount’s global footprint includes manufacturing, sales, and distribution facilities in the United States, Canada, Japan, Brazil, China, and Europe. Blount offers products under the brand names OREGON®, Carlton®, Woods®, TISCO®, SpeeCo®, ICS®, and PBL®. For more information visit www.blount.com .
Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Blount International - 14 months ago