Starting Rate : $33.79 - Union Represented Position: Local 369 Utility Workers Union of America
CURRENTLY POSTED HOURS : 7:00AM – 3:30PM
SCHEDULE : Monday - Friday
Role and Scope:
The title Engineer designates employees whose responsibilities and duties require professional knowledge and aptitude for creative thinking in some specific field of engineering, such as electrical, electronic, mechanical, chemical, civil, heating and ventilation, or structural and whose activities are in connection with engineering construction, operation or maintenance assignments, or other technical work of the Company.
Engineers must effectively coordinate their work activities with others such as: engineers or others working on the same projects; personnel of other departments; representatives of consulting engineering firms, municipalities, other utilities, manufacturers, customers, contractors; contractors’ employees engaged in related activities.
It will be essential for Engineers engaged in certain activities involving other departments to acquire familiarity with any applicable rules and procedures established by those departments such as permitting and tagging procedures, Safety Rules as described in the Incident Prevention Manual and the related routines of other departments associated with the area’s work.
Engineers are responsible for the safe, efficient, and productive performance of the work.
Engineers must ensure that all proper tools, equipment, and material are available for job assignments and that said equipment and materials are utilized properly, including material returns to inventory.
Licenses & Certifications : Must pass the minimum physical requirement as prescribed by NSTAR. The incumbent must have corrective vision, normal color perception, hearing and sense of smell. Must possess a valid driver's license to operate motor vehicles. Must possess or be willing and able to obtain the appropriate drivers license and NSTAR qualifications to operate vehicles of any class and type required by the company based on departmental needs.
1. Engineering education as evidenced by a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Technology (BSET). Relay experience preferred.
2. This is the entering rating for the engineering school graduates with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Technology (BSET).
3. Must evidence interest and aptitude necessary for successful progress in the engineering profession.
4. Must possess personality traits such as alertness, self-reliance, poise, tact and the ability to maintain harmonious relations with their associates.
5. Must have demonstrated qualities of leadership and the ability to plan work for, to coordinate and direct the activities of, and to work with individuals and groups engaged in engineering and technical activities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and support a diversified environment. It is the policy and practice of NSTAR Electric & Gas to employ persons and to assign work, pay, promote and offer training to all persons on the same basis without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran.