The Medical Assistant provides support to the patient care team under supervision, performing those functions and procedures outlined in the departmental patient care guidelines for which competency has been demonstrated and Medical Center policies and procedures permit. M edical Assistants may also provide business/clerical, reception and telephone support to the reception and records area of the practice based on the requirements of the department.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Certification must be either through the American Association of Medical Assistants or National Center for Competency Testing Inc.
- Up to 3 years of medical assistant experience in a physician practice or similar health care setting preferred;must become certified within 6 months of hire.
- Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Office applications and multiple computer applications.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have effective time management and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must have confident and effective oral and written communication skills .
MaineGeneral Health - 23 months ago