VCA Animal Hospitals has an exciting leadership opportunity for a highly experienced Hospital Manager to join our team in Rhode Island.
The successful candidate will have experience in Human Resource and personnel management, Marketing, and Business development. Your strong financial and operational acumen will be put to good use!
The Hospital Manager —under the guidance of the Regional Management team and with the support of and input from the Medical Director—performs a wide range of administrative activities related to the hospital. The Hospital Manager mentors the staff and oversees the business operations, the quality of patient care and client service, and ensures a profitable operation of the practice.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 to 3 years of customer service and financial budget management experience.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially to a diverse range of audiences and settings.
- The ability to make decisions, delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly, positive attitude.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and deal with an environment of changing priorities.
- Direct and develop the veterinary, technical and administrative staff towards the goal of quality patient care and excellent client service; assist in the formulation of objectives and policies to ensure efficient and profitable hospital operations.
- Oversee the hiring, reviewing, disciplining and terminating of professional staff, in accordance with and with the approval of the Regional Management team.
- Review the P&L Report monthly and partner with the Hospital Medical Director to increase revenue and limit expenses; work with home office to prepare and submit the yearly budget (budget forecast, operating plan, cap-ex expenditures) and participate in the evaluation process with Regional Management team.
- Model an “owner” mentality in hospital by demonstrating a willingness to assist all employees in making the practice a success; invest the necessary amount of time to accomplish the required responsibilities and ensure the smooth operation of the hospital.
- Minimizing patient stress and discomfort; recommend referral to another VCA doctor or specialist when this is likely to significantly improve the prognosis.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Supervise the administration and case review of client medical complaints.
- Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
VCA offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision, 401(k), paid vacation/sick days, continuing education, generous personal pet care discounts and more!
If you feel you have the right skill set and experience, please click the “Apply” link below.
If you think this would be an ideal opportunity for someone you know, click “Share.”