Provide emergency care to patients using the Sanford LifeFlight helicopter, fixed wing and ground vehicles to ensure optimal patient care according to standards and the Sanford commitments. |
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
Completion of an accredited Paramedic Training Program required for licensing. A minimum of three years paramedic experience or previous flight medic experience is required. Must have a thorough knowledge of paramedic principles, practices and techniques, knowledge of how various equipment such as a monitor or defibrillator work and how to troubleshoot problems that may arise. Requires Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification; National Registry Certification; Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification; Advanced Trauma Life Support course audit and Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification. Advanced certification of FP-C or CCP will be required within 2 years of hire.
Must be a licensed paramedic in North Dakota and Minnesota.
Job Specific Competencies
- Responds to emergency situations and provides care to patients requiring air or ground transport ensuring optimum patient care, safety and recovery.
- Provides consultation in their areas of expertise, in collaboration with physicians and other members of the health care team to ensure continued growth and sharing of emergency care.
- Participates in and provides educational programs in EMS to ensure the continued enhancement of skills and the improvement of patient care.
- Represents the hospitals in private and public sponsored events relating to LifeFlight activities such as tours and presentations.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates ability to collect, analyze and present data as appropriate to position.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
Age Related Competencies
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in customer interactions and adapts care according to patient's age/developmental stage.
- This position is classified as a Category I position under OSHA guidelines with high risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Sanford Health - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard