"Empowering Human Potential” is more than a tagline; it’s our mantra for all associates, that motivates and reminds us of the essential role we play in the lives of our patients and customers. Whether directly or indirectly, every individual across every business unit and department at Hanger is helping to improve the lives of our patients and customers. One by one, we listen to challenges, collaborate with partners, identify solutions, overcome obstacles, lead through innovation, and apply our expertise to help move lives forward.
We know that the “possible” lives inside each of us, waiting to be unleashed. At every touch point across all of our business, we are keeping lives in motion, breaking down barriers, taking dreams further. As one united Hanger, we are achieving more of our own potential so that we can help patients do the same. Together we are working with one idea in mind: Empowering Human Potential.
A job with Hanger, one of the leading clinical authorities in the provision of integrated rehabilitative solutions, including being the largest owner and operator of orthotic and prosthetic clinics in the United States places you on a path leading well beyond ordinary career opportunities.
Provide the highest level of customer service to patients, fellow employees and referral sources through the coordination and administration of the “front office” activities. Accurately obtain all patient information, insurance information, verification and pre-authorization information while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and established Company policies and compliance programs. Maintain excellent customer service relationships with patients and referral sources.
This position will initially begin as a full time temporary assignment but may lead to a full-time regular position.
Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Provide the highest level of customer service is provided to patients, fellow employees and referral sources.
- Obtain accurate insurance information, including eligibility and benefits, verification and pre-authorization.
- Provide counseling to patients advising them of their financial responsibility once benefits have been verified.
- Obtain any and all co-payments and over-the counter cash when applicable. Complete cash receipts per guidelines.
- Maintain accurate and complete patient files, ensuring that they are in compliance with the Hanger Compliance Policies.
- Ensure the privacy and security of protected health information per HIPAA rules.
- Assist with patient follow-up as directed.
- Assist with quality assurance to ensure patient satisfaction with Hanger Clinic services as necessary.
- Comply with the system of internal controls to ensure proper handling of cash receipts, including billing system data entry and bank deposits.
- Enter patient demographics and insurance verifications as appropriate.
- Efficiently manage multiple phone lines.
- Record written documentation that is clear, concise and accurate.
- File all patient charts and other documentation, following established guidelines.
- Coordinate scheduling of clinician schedules to ensure proper coverage of patient appointments and out-of-office calls.
- Process and monitor referrals/authorizations/prescriptions to ensure complete and final information is received in a timely manner.
Required Skills & Abilities:
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Hanger offers an attractive program of benefits to our employees, both full time and part time.
- Strong interpersonal, oral (including telephone) and written communication skills.
- Ability to key 30 words per minute with accuracy required.
- Ability to work with handicapped individuals.
- Understanding of Alpha filing system.
- Understanding of medical reimbursement and terminology and an understanding of front office (receptionist) duties preferred.
- Ability to use a computer, including Windows-based software and e-mail.
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment, facsimile machines, calculator, postage machine, copier, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum one to two years of office experience required. Experience in a receptionist position or experience with medical front office procedures preferred.
In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service to our patients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective candidates, recruiters, staffing agencies or contractors will be accepted by the hiring Hanger Clinic. All inquiries will be directed to Human Resources.
Hanger, Inc. - 16 months ago