Requisition ID: 61388
- Organization: Power
- Location: Roanoke, VA
For more than three decades, Bechtel has deployed both wireline and wireless communications networks for various customers around the world. Our global wireless network deployment experience is unrivaled in the industry. We have performed services on more than 130,000 sites, including new builds, technology upgrades/overlays, integrations, modifications, and decommissioning. In parallel with our wireless expertise, our wireline experience includes deployment of long-haul fiber networks, metropolitan fiber rings, fiber-to-the-home networks, and data centers.
Assistant Market Superintendent – Position Overview
GREAT OPPORTUNITY - The primary responsibility of the Assistant Market Superintendent is to manage the tower climbers, antennae and lineman workforce for our projects in the MD, VA and WV region. This includes acting as site safety representative in oversight of self-performing work, field planning coordination and oversight in support of the Wireless Telecommunication Projects as required and directed by the Superintendent and Market Construction Manager.
The qualified individual will need to have experience in the region and understand the regional resource pool. He/She will be responsible for supervising and directing operations within assigned civil and electrical disciplines. The Assistant Market Superintendent supervises and directs craft activities, subordinate Foremen and others, as assigned, and assists Superintendent and Market Construction Manager in coordinating Market Specific Design Reviews through the various required organizations (RF and Construction) and facilitates sign off for approval and or comments. He/She ensures assigned construction operations are in compliance with specifications and within schedules and budgets, and performs general functions inherent in all supervisory field positions. The Assistant market Superintendent will be responsible for:
- Scheduling the work; track, monitor and report on cell site progress, coordinate communications between sub-contractors, suppliers, service providers, engineering and site acquisition; and attend site walk downs to provide general constructability guidance.
- Staffing the work; coordinating between technical personnel to support the construction teams, providing direct assistance to the Superintendent and Market Construction Manager as needed; providing input management and control of direct hire systems and workflow processes. Also, aiding in the recruitment process screening, recommending and selecting candidates for open positions
- Materials Management supporting the construction process as required by assisting in the preparation of materials requisitions specifications and other related activities and documents.
- Documentation Management compiling, verifying and correlating technical data related, reviewing RF data sheets and Construction Drawings for determination of outside antenna work scope, preparing all necessary reports and forms to assure that field coordinator contract administration functions are performed to include change notices daily reports quality inspection reports etc.
- Field Experience in a trade related to wireless communications, Line and Antenna, and Fiber experience.
- Knowledge of Vendors and industry contracts in the market areas specific to the position
- Minimum 5-8 years experience in the wireless communications industry required (with focus on Line & Antenna experience)
- Minimum 4 years experience working with direct hire craft in the market specific to the position
- All applicants must have the right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
- All applicants must have a current and valid drivers license.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 14 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...