The Material Program Manager (MPM) II is responsible for providing Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) leadership through all phases of the program and product life cycle. This role serves as the interface between the programs and the supply chain Cross Business Team (CBT) to deliver integrated supply chain solutions. This position is an integral member of the Program Management Office (PMO) and ISC program area leadership team. This includes oversight and management responsibility of all Integrated Supply Chain support to the program area, including direct report and matrixed employees. The MPM will be tasked to drive the team to new and innovative ways of performing tasks.
Specific responsibilities include:
In this role, the individual is responsible for coordination and development of material strategies and execution to ensure program success.
· Accountable for Material Strategies for Captures efforts and Material Plans for Programs
· Supports all leadership reviews including Gate reviews, Monthly Operations Reviews, Customer reviews, Program reviews
· Responsible for material and labor budgets, Earned Value management, Estimate At Completion (EAC) reporting, Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
· Coordinate cross-functionally with Engineering, Operations, Quality, Finance, and others to develop solutions for project challenges
· Ensures that Risk and Opportunity management plans are developed and executed
· Monitors the operational, technical and financial health of subcontracting/material through assessments, measurements and metrics
· Support business travel to other Raytheon facilities and suppliers as necessary.
Candidate must get their MPM certification within 1 year of working in this role.
·10+ years of experience in Supply Chain/Materials
· Bachelor’s Degree Required
· Prior experience driving a team to results
· Ability to obtain an Interim level secret clearance within 30 days of employment and a final thereafter
· Strong management and leadership skills
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Mass., Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has locations in Washington, California, Utah, New Mexico, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, Rhode Island, Alabama, Australia, Germany, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas including air and missile defense systems, missile defense radars, early warning radars, naval ship operating systems, robotics and other advanced technologies. With a workforce of 14,000 employees and 2012 sales of $5 billion, IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...