The mission of the National Finance Center: To design, develop, implement and operate, cost-effective, financial, administrative, and management information system and services supporting the missions of the USDA and its customers.
This position is located in the Office of Chief Financial Officer, National Finance Center (OCFO/NFC), Government Employees Services Division (GESD), Payroll/Personnel Operations Directorate, NFC Contact Center.
This vacancy may be used to fill additional similar positions in GESD.
- U.S. Citizenship or Naturalized U.S. Citizen
- Background and/or Security Investigation required
- Resume' and supporting documents (See How to Apply)
- Travel relocation and expenses will NOT be paid
As a Supervisory Fiscal Technician, you will be responsible for the following:
- Supervising subordinate staff to identify and implement Branch/Division goals and objectives, including the identification of, the need for, and allocation of, resources.
- Working with NFC systems analysts, programmers, and other operation units to identity and meet the needs of agency operating personnel in the control of their transactions.
- Making recommendations to the Section/Branch for major systems improvements to increase economy and efficiency of NFC business lines.
- Planning, directing, and controlling the policies, procedures and regulations relating to operation of the Payroll/Personnel System and/or other NFC business lines, and/or Manual salary Payment, and/or adjunct processing.
- Reviewing new and revised regulatory material such as Federal and Departmental personnel and pay regulations, agency, department, and government regulations, tax laws, Comptroller General Decisions, internal and external procedures pertaining to the Payroll/Personnel System or other lines of business.
- Reviewing incoming telephone and/or written inquiries and assigning work based on difficulty, type of document and requirements for completion.
Time-In-Grade: Must have held a GS-08 position or equivalent for at least one year.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that must have been at least equivalent to the GS-08 level of specialized work experience in the Federal service that included: leading and coordinating customer support activities to resolve issues and inquiries related to automated payroll/personnel processing systems.
(Note: This experience must be demonstrated on your resume/supporting documents).
Candidates must meet qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. All candidates' eligibility must remain active to receive further consideration throughout the employment process. Qualification standards are found in the Operating Manual of Qualifications Standards for General Schedule Positions which is published by the Office of Personnel Management. You may review these operating manuals in their entirety at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/indexes/num-ndx.asp and all Federal personnel offices.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet minimum qualifications and your application demonstrates you possess the particular competencies for this position. If it is determined that you meet minimum requirements, your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified and Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for Veterans' Preference will recieve selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.
The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating may be adjusted and/or you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs) as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position. You are NOT required to respond to these separately:
Knowledge of payroll/personnel, human resources, time and attendance, insurance and/or other lines of business in order to analyze and resolve especially difficult or sensitive problems.
Ability to provide efficient and effective customer service and/or Help Desk support to resolve issues or problems related to use of business line operations.
Ability to prepare financial and/or payroll/personnel documents, reports, schedules, and correspondence using automated systems for use by management officials.
Ability to coordinate work efforts with technical and non technical personnel to respond to customer contacts.
Knowledge of management techniques and procedures necessary to provide administrative and technical supervision.
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/Benefits
CTAP/ICTAP: Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program, to be eligible to exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at least Well-Qualified, based upon the rating criteria for this position. Submit copy of RIF separation notice and/or SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action. For information on how to apply as an CTAP/ICTAP eligible see: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#intro
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959 , you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See http://www.sss.gov/ .
Veterans' Preference: If you are entitled to veterans' preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your résumé. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency.
For 5-point veterans' preference, please provide your DD-214 Member-4 copy(Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty), official statement of service from your command if you are currently on active duty, or other official documentation (e.g., copy of military orders, campaign documents as: or expeditionary award citation, etc.) that proves your military service was performed under honorable conditions.
For 10-point veterans' preference, please submit a Standard Form (SF) 15 , Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference and the required documentation listed on the back of the SF-15 form.
Assessed applicants will be placed in the appropriate quality category and ranked according to veterans' preference eligibility and non-preference eligibility. Within each category, all qualified preference eligibles are placed ahead of non-preference eligibles. Preference eligibles do not receive additional points under category rating procedures. For positions other than professional and scientific at the GS-09 level or higher, qualified CPS and CP preference eligibles are placed at the top of the highest quality category. For professional and scientific positions at the GS-9 level or higher, qualified CPS and CP preference eligibles are placed at the top of the appropriate quality category for which rated.
Below is the link to OPM's "Category Rating Fact Sheet" (answers questions regarding various hiring reform issues (i.e., the purpose of Category Rating, Veteran's preference and how it's applied under Category Rating, etc.):
· Survey: In order to determine if the recruitment efforts of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer are reaching the broadest possible spectrum of America's population, we request that you complete the Demographic Information on Applicants form available at the following link, http://www.nga.gov/pdf/app_bg_survey.pdf , and then print and submit the form along with their application. Submission of this form is entirely voluntary and your replies on it are highly confidential. Your completion of the form will not impact your chances of selection but will; instead, assist us in improving our recruitment efforts in the future.
Some positions within this series may require the selectee to obtain/maintain a high-level background investigation and/or security clearance. Failure to obtain/maintain the appropriate background investigation and/or security clearance may serve as the basis for termination of employment .
Note: This position may be eligible for Alternative Work schedule, Flexible Work Schedule, and/or Telework Assignments.
usajobs.gov - 16 months ago
With the stony faces of Mount Rushmore serving as a constant reminder to civic duty, the Office of the Governor of South Dakota serves as...