**Please note this is a part time non-benefited position
Imagine yourself working as a speech therapist one-on-one with your patients in the comfort of their own home.
Visualize yourself partnering with your patients to create the work schedule that works best for you.
Imagine working in a very independent position yet your team is only a phone call away.
Our Visiting Nurse Association has been finding better ways to keep our patients independent in their homes for 100 years. Founded in 1907, the Aurora VNA serves people of all ages throughout eastern Wisconsin regardless of their ability to pay.
This part time position has flexible hours and insists on keeping your home and work life balanced. The therapist in this position will treat both adult and pediatric patients in the Manitowoc and Sheboygan areas.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Connie Gerlach at (414) 389-2577 or email@example.com
Assuming primary responsibility for a patient caseload and communicating with members of the interdisciplinary team to promote continuing coordination of services.
Conducting a speech and language evaluation of each patient and establish a plan of care and treatment goals, and evaluating outcomes within a certain timeframe.
Communicating with physicians to confirm, correlate and update patient’s plan of treatment, and providing the physician with a status report on a regular basis.
Communicating with the rehab Director on a regular basis to discuss caseload issues and changes in case census, and demonstrating rehab principles and supportive activities to professional and paraprofessional staff involved in the patient’s care.
· Master’s degree in speech and language pathology.
· Certificate of Clinical Competence in speech and language from the American Speech and Hearing Association.
· Must maintain current licensure in the State of Wisconsin to practice Speech/Language Pathology.
· Minimum of one-year as a practicing Speech Therapist (would consider CFY experience).
· Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in clinical skills with the ability to work independently and make sound judgments.
· Must obtain CPR certification within three months of hire.
· Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills, organization, problem solving, and decision-making skills required.
· The ability to work self-directed and as a team.
· Customer service skills are essential.
· Pediatric and Adult experience preferred.
· Acute hospital or home health care experience is desirable.
Discover the Benefits:
Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you'll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
Aurora HealthCare - 13 months ago
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a nationally recognized leader in efforts to improve the quality...