Sr. Financial Operations Analyst (Tartan/IT Finance)
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
is implementing new business processes, data and technology (including SAP enterprise resource planning software) in over 70 business units within 65 countries. The Tartan/IT organization is charged with designing, deploying and supporting Cargill’s key processes, business data and information, and technology. Be part of the team transforming how Cargill works enabling Cargill to become the partner of choice. Join us in making Cargill stronger, more customer-focused and more profitable.
Sr. Financial Operations Analyst
you will provide financial leadership to the operations teams within the Tartan organization (solution build, technology or service delivery).
The role has financial accountability to ensure effective collaboration and partnering with team leads, project management and leadership.
The position will help ensure alignment on operational financials across the program including cost management, key cost drivers, benchmarking and budgeting/forecasting.
The position needs to model strong fiduciary skills and actively promote new approaches to enhance how Tartan creates and measures value at an enterprise level.
Business Partnering and Financial Leadership
Collaboration and proactive participation in the development and implementation of short and long-term financial strategies, and effective communication of such strategies and initiatives to management and staff both within Tartan and to broader Cargill stakeholders (budgeting, cost control, forecasting, financial analysis) - 50%
– Directly participate and engage in the development and implementation of control solutions and ongoing control processes and procedures to ensure ops teams align with the Cargill control objectives that support Cargill’s system of internal controls - 20%
Develop key cost drivers and metrics.
Track progress against those metrics and benchmarks. - 20%
Ad hoc analysis as needed
elor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business field
- 8 years Accounting or direct Finance related experience
- 3 years prior experience in a financial analysis position
- Demonstrated past experience for achieving financial results as defined within objectives/goals of Business Unit (BU) [division] or function
- Past proven successful experience setting financial priorities and managing multiple and concurrent initiatives / projects within a changing environment (BU or function)
- 3 years experience in doing business case analysis and development
- Self-starter and autonomous with ability to deliver on multiple, congruent activities and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at multiple levels across the organization.
- Demonstrated success working and leading effectively in a team environment, across organizational boundaries and through virtual teams.
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Business fluency in English (both oral and written)
- Proficiency in Excel
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- IT Finance experience preferred
US-MN-TAR - Hopkins
Cargill - 18 months ago
Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading...