The Youth Initiatives Recruiter will manage the development and implementation of at least $100,000 in new and sustainable fundraising activity (e.g. High School Relay, Relay Recess, Relay Field Day, Coaches vs. Cancer, etc.) in support of American Cancer Society special events.
- Identify, recruit, train, volunteers to implement volunteer-driven fundraising activity to support American Cancer Society special events.
- Increased/new high school involvement in Relay For Life events
- Elementary and middle school support of existing/new fundraising events (e.g. Relay Recess, Relay Field Day)
- New Coaches vs. Cancer involvement from school coaches, to include middle and high school coaches, and youth coaches, to include AAU, little league, freshman, modified, and other youth organizations.
- Identify key contacts at elementary, middle, and high schools.
- Promote the American Cancer Society to high school, middle school & elementary school communities.
- Identify new relationships in communities via the school districts with no existing Relay For Life portfolio with the prospect of creating full Relay For Life events in the future.
- Introducing Coaches vs. Cancer to high schools that do not currently participate in the program.
- Ensure implementation of accurate data collection/input for volunteer and donor records using appropriate data tracking systems.
- Adhere to American Cancer Society policies, procedures, and standards.
- Comply with stringent stewardship guidelines and work within established budgets
The Youth Initiatives Recruiter is a 10-month, full-time, temporary position with responsibilities beginning in late August 2012 and ending in late June 2013. The Youth Initiatives Recruiter is eligible for benefits, PTO and bonus potential of $4K after assignment completion.
- Bachelor’s degree and/ or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Coaches vs. Cancer / Relay For Life experience preferred.
- Experience working with youth initiatives or programs preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, influence, and persuade others to take action.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with key decision-makers.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional demeanor and to adjust to various audiences.
- Demonstrated conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with co-workers & volunteers.
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Must have high energy and a positive attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, database and spreadsheet management, email software, and internet browsers.
- Ability to work limited nights and weekends, as required.
- Ability to travel, limited, within the region.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Ability to lift and carry items up to 35lbs.
- Must be a non-smoker.
Following the successful completion of his/her assignment and achievement of personal goals, the Youth Initiatives Recruiter may be considered for available employment opportunities within the American Cancer Society, Eastern Division or a second tenure as a Youth Initiative Recruiter the following August. Applying for regular full-time positions during their first 10-month tenure is not permitted.
American Cancer Society - 11 months ago
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major healt...