Zillow, a vibrant growth oriented company, recently acquired RentJuice to drive growth on the rental side of the business.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer great stock options, benefits and the opportunity to work with a lot of fun, talented people in the heart of San Francisco.
Come join RentJuice as our first DevOps Engineer joining an existing team of passionate web developers working to modernize the apartment rental industry.
Our infrastructure largely consists of:
What you would do:
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Cloudfront, Route53, Elasticache)
- Ubuntu based LAMP Servers
- Optimize our stack for performance and fault tolerance
- Build out logging and monitoring systems to identify bottlenecks and assist with debugging and analysis
- Build out a robust deployment strategy (using Puppet, Chef or a similar tool)
- Design and implement security policies across the stack
- Experiment with and recommend new technologies to accomplish any of the above goals
- Strong familiarity with the features and challenges of utilizing Amazon Web Services
- Experience administering Ubuntu (or similar) servers
- Experience setting up logging and monitoring for web servers and related services
- Ability to design, test, and ultimately implement a disaster recovery plan
If you've got extensive experience with Amazon Web Services, obsess over server response times, disaster recovery strategies and multi-region fail-over, we think you'd love working with us!
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, or similar tools
- Competitive cloudbased services (e.g., Rackspace)
- Tools for log consolidation and analysis (e.g., Splunk)
- Configuring internal networks + VPC
Zillow.com - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -