Medicare Marketing Rep II - Washington Plan
Job ID 2013-24242 # Positions 2
Search Category Sales & Marketing
Type Regular Full-Time (30+ hours) Posted Date 9/23/2013
Additional Locations ..
More information about this job:Summary:
Develops and maintains new contacts and/or partnerships in the community. Leads and manages strategies within a specific territory or business initiative. Responsible for growing membership through educating and servicing the Medicare population; including meeting the communities need for ongoing educational and social service outreach to existing and potential members.
1. Manages an assigned territory or specific business initiative such as Community Relations, Uninsured Outreach Program, Retention or Provider Marketing.
2. Assists with the development of new as well as evaluation of current strategic initiatives.
3. Implements strategic initiatives that will drive member growth, retention and/or address the health plan priorities.
4. Ensure consistent compliance with all state, federal and Amerigroup specific requirements.
5. Acts as liaison with community advocacy groups that impacts target population.
6. Attends networking meetings to deliver key AGP messages.
7. Identifies, develops and builds relationships with community organizations, provider offices, faith based organizations and perform other activities to enhance Amerigroup’s presence in the community.
8. Assists members and potential members with benefit and/or enrollments inquiries, where appropriate and compliant with local market regulations.
9. Identifies cultural issues regarding current and potential members and communicate issues to management.
10. Tracks all marketing and sales activities, as well as update and maintain results in sales database.
11. Conduct marketing presentations to increase effectiveness in establishing rapport, assessing individual needs and communicating product/benefit features and differences.
12. Partners with External Communications to identify media opportunities to strengthen brand recognition.
13. May be required to drive COV per plan requirements.
14. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Years and Type of Experience Required:
- Associates or BS/BA degree
- 2 yrs experience in healthcare or marketing/sales environment, if highest level is High School.
Certifications or Licensures
- Knowledge about provider network that supports the delivery area; knowledge of Plan and/or Competitors Value Added Benefits. Strongly prefer direct Medicare Sales Experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a motor vehicle and must possess valid motor vehicle insurance.
- Valid state health insurance licensure
- bi-lingual Spanish/English
Computer Hardware, Software and Applications / Office Equipment - Basic
Read, Interpret and Apply information - Basic
- Ability to use software and hardware of a computer to complete certain moderate to complex tasks. Skills to use basic office equipment such as telephone, fax machine and copy machine.
- Working knowledge in a windows environment, in particular with Word and Excel, to include navigation skills using a mouse and keyboard. Use of internet. Ability to review and draft correspondence in email system and word processing systems. Ability to use spreadsheets to review, organize and edit data.
- Experience working with SalesForce.
- Ability to use software to conduct data analysis, reporting and sharing of information to solve problems. Ability to use of complex applications of software to analyze and solve business problems.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret complex information to provide accurate and appropriate information to business partner or customer.
- Ability to research information using available resources and determine where gaps in information exist to seek other sources.
- Ability to understand when to escalate erroneous/inconsistent information discovered in resources to appropriate level of management for review.
Make Sound Decisions
- Demonstrates understanding of the organization's mission and strategies.
- Works to clarify and understand the broader purpose and mission of own work.
- Integrates and balances big-picture concerns with day-to-day activities.
- Generates innovative ideas and solutions to problems.
- Identifies opportunities to increase efficiency, simplicity, and revenue.
People Leadership Develop/Support Organizational Talent
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness.
- Collects sufficient information to understand problems and issues.
- Analyzes problems and issues from different points of view.
- Applies accurate logic and common sense in making decisions.
- Relates to people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner.
- Treats others with respect.
- Listens carefully and attentively to others’ opinions and ideas.
- Maintains positive relationships even under difficult or heated circumstances.
- Works cooperatively with people from different cultural backgrounds.
Results Leadership Show Drive and Initiative
- Encourages people to draw on each other's strengths and experience to work together effectively, within and across teams.
- Appropriately involves others in decisions and plans that affect them.
- Provides honest, helpful feedback to others on their performance.
- Shares own experience and expertise with others.
Accountability / Optimize Execution
- Demonstrates a "can-do" spirit, a sense of optimism, ownership, and commitment.
- Maintains a consistent, high level of productivity.
- Takes personal responsibility to make decisions and take action.
- Does not easily give up in the face of unexpected obstacles.
- Projects a positive image and serves as a role model for others.
- Juggles many priorities and competing demands for one's time.
- Acts resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters.
- Removes obstacles in order to move the work forward and/or get efforts back on track.
- Surfaces problems and issues before projects get derailed.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
- Must be able to travel as needed and adhere to Amerigroup travel policies and procedures.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds or more.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Go back to the welcome page
- Apply for this job online
- Email this job to a friend
Need further assistance·
Powered by the iCIMS Talent Platform (Opens new window)
Applicant Tracking Software
- 19 months ago - save job
AMERIGROUP looks after the health of America's needy. The managed health care provider targets people eligible for Medicaid, the State...