University of Illinois
Office of Business and Financial Services
Associate Director of Budget Operations and Financial Analysis
The University of Illinois seeks an Associate Director of Budget Operations and Financial Analysis. This position establishes and maintains the campus budget and manages office staff, monitors budgets and analyzes fiscal performance of colleges and departments and create mechanisms for improving performance and serves as the primary staff for the University’s deficit reduction plan process. Other duties include:
1. Prepare University of Illinois at Chicago’s (UIC) annual operating budgets for submission to the Board of Trustees in conjunction with the Director.
2. Manage daily activities of the Budget Office and provide supervision of support staff in conjunction with the Director, serving as the back-up to the Director in all aspects of his position.
3. Manage the University’s deficit reduction plan process in which colleges and departments submit detailed plans for resolving deficits and the associated usage charge process designed to discourage colleges and departments from carrying deficits.
4. Prepare a variety of key management reports for University Administration.
5. Provide recurring and ad hoc financial and analytical support to senior campus officers and University business managers.
6. Administer the processing of transfers and revisions to budgets to ensure their completion in a timely and accurate manner.
7. Develop and present training seminars for the campus community to provide instruction on budget operations and budget procedures.
8. Assist the Director in performance of an oversight and analysis role in support of campus auxiliary, hospital, and other self-supporting units. Analytical services include the preparation and evaluation of financial statements and pro forma projections of revenue and expense.
9. Assist with preparation and review of internally generated monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports for all of the colleges and administrative units.
10. Provide financial advice and assistance to college and administrative units throughout the year.
Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field; Master’s degree in business, finance or health care management strongly preferred. Other required qualifications include: minimum of four to six years of demonstrated work experience in accounting, finance, business administration or health care management; working knowledge of accounting theories, methods and procedures; strong analytical skills; proficiency with Microsoft computer programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as proficiency with an Internet browser (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or comparable browser); excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with University and departmental officials/staff; strong client service orientation; effective interpersonal skills that reflect courtesy, diplomacy, and a collaborative approach to develop and maintain effective work relationships; demonstrated multi-tasking capability underscored by self-motivation and attention to detail. Preferred qualifications include: CPA certification; experience in higher education, health care, consulting or the public sector; knowledge of the University of Illinois at Chicago, Business Objects, and the SCT Banner finance module.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit an application, resume, names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references and three to five years of salary history by March 14, 2013 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/ .
Employee Relations and Human Resources
809 S. Marshfield Ave M/C 078
Chicago, IL 60612
The University of Illinois is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. University Administration welcomes applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
University of Illinois - 30+ days ago
The University of Illinois is the state's best and most comprehensive public university. The three distinct campuses in Urbana-Champaign, Ch...