THE SYNNEX CULTURE
SYNNEX Corporation creates additional value for all of our partners at all transaction points. For the company to succeed, each SYNNEX associate is focused on delivering the finest products, services, and solutions in the industry. SYNNEX values and rewards loyalty, teamwork, integrity, and industry. We encourage team collaboration and the spirit of entrepreneurship. Our associates are our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to providing our team members with the opportunity to realize personal growth and professional success.
Get in S
•Y•N•C• with SYNNEX
S tart Y our N ew C areer as a……..Unix/Linux System Administrator
THE RIGHT FIT
SYNNEX is looking for a detail-oriented, hands-on, results-driven individual with proven communication skills and a strong work ethic to work in a challenging, fast-paced, energetic environment responsible for completing projects as well as day-to-day operational support and administration for all UNIX/LINUX servers globally.
· Plan, manage and execute strategies for documentation, installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, evaluation, performance monitoring and upgrading system software and hardware components.
· Work with other systems administrators to plan effective support for UNIX software and hardware.
· Provide systems administration for all Solaris/Linux; respond to other teams’ requests, questions and trouble reports.
· Provide 24 x 7 on call support and on site for major issues.
· Install and maintain operation systems, utilities and application software on complex multi-vendor hardware and OS.
· Troubleshoot such as hardware failure, OS crashes and urgent support for application, analysis of performance issues and all hardware and OS exceptions.
· Monitor system status which consists of checking the status of CPU, memory and space usage; check I/O and other status data with monitoring tool; code for shell of administration and monitoring running status of applications.
WHAT SYNNEX OFFERS YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of 6 years direct, hands-on experience as Solaris/Linux System Administrator, bilingual in Mandarin highly desired.
- Demonstrated programming experience with UNIX shell scripting, Perl, etc.
- Established competence and experience with Sun and HP storages, Sun servers, NFS, security issues, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of operation systems and network servers; email, ftp, telnet, etc.
- Proven troubleshooting skills and confirmed sound judgment of taking appropriate actions regarding findings or concerns.
- Solid background with enterprise-level virtualization strategy, design, implementation and maintenance using VMware vSpehere 5.x servers and clusters including vCenter, Site Recovery Manager (SRM) and vCloud Director.
- Direct experience with LAN/WAN and TCP/IP as related to VMware infrastructure; experience with HP EVA SAN storage and fiber channel fabrics preferred.
- Verified experience with capacity planning and monitoring within VMware infrastructure and a proven history of incident response, diagnostic and advanced troubleshooting VMware skills.
- Confirmed skills with ESXi scripting and automation in support in server commissioning and maintenance.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent business communication skills required.
- Proven experience interacting with various levels of internal and external business partners/users.
- Established ability to work in a dynamic and diverse work environment which requires multi-tasking and flexibility.
- Must be able to work during non-standard business hours and weekends.
- Familiarity with Quantum’s DXi dedup/replication product and HP server products to include HP c-Class Blade Systems required.
If you share our mission, our strong work ethic, and our values of integrity, continuous learning, quality of work, commitment, teamwork, execution and results, respect for the individual, and taking manageable risks, then SYNNEX may be the place for you. We offer:
SYNNEX Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer M/F/D/V and is committed to the Quality Policy.”
- Competitive Compensation
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Direct Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical and Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Development Scholarship Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Bereavement and Jury Duty Leaves
- Casual Dress Code
- Employee Assistance Program
- Live Well Work Well Program
- Training Opportunities
- Pet Insurance
Synnex Corporation - 11 months ago