Serves in a lead capacity over Process Officers who serve subpoenas, summons and related Court instruments issued by the Juvenile Court.
EEOC CODE: 40
GRADE: 42 Minimum Qualifications 1. Three (3) years experience in a Law Enforcement capacity; and
2. Two (2) years of college study in Criminal Justice, Psychology, Sociology or a closely related field; or
3. Equivalent combination of related education, training and experience.
4. Individual must be eligible to become commissioned as a Special Deputy Sheriff before completion of probation period and obtain a State Handgun Carry permit.
5. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.) Special Requirements 1. Must pass a psychological examination administered by an agency designated by the Juvenile Court of Memphis and Shelby County, Tennessee.
2. Must possess a valid Tennessee driver's license or secure one as of employment date and have use of an operable automobile and meet County standards for automobile insurance.
3. Must attend in-service training and qualify for fire arm.
4. Must be able to obtain certification for the State of TN handgun permit.
5. Must be able to successfully complete POST Certification training thru the Shelby County Sheriff's Office.
6. Must be able to pass a drug test.
7. Must have reliable transportation in order to serve papers.
8. Must pass criminal background check.
Duties and Responsibilities 1. Assists in leading, training and assigning Process Officer personnel to various sectors.
2. Monitors work assignments and productivity of Process Officers and assigned staff.
3. Informs staff of changes in Juvenile Court policy by management.
4. Assists in the proper documentation, evaluation and discipline of assigned personnel when required.
5. Serves all papers such as summons and subpoenas issued by Juvenile Court.
6. Assists in arrests on warrants and attachments pro corpus or make such arrests.
7. Prepare daily and monthly reports of all activities as required.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Ability to perform and supervise all duties and responsibilities of Process Officers.
2. Thorough knowledge of established policies and procedures regarding supervision of employees.
3. Ability to train and supervise all assigned personnel.
4. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with others and to build an effective team.
5. Possess good communication skills and ability to write meaningful reports.
6. Ability to deal with the public with courtesy and tact.
7. Thorough knowledge of legal instruments to be served.
8. Thorough knowledge of law enforcement processes and techniques.
9. Ability to use a personal computer and knowledge of Windows XP.
Work Location 616 Adams Avenue, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department - 14 months ago
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...