Siemens Healthcare Managed Services has an immediate opening for a seasoned Systems Analyst with server administration experience to join a team responsible for data center hosting services for over 1,100 servers across the US. This position provides daily operational support for servers, network, and storage management at our Tarrytown, NY facility in support of the Diagnostics R&D engineering teams.
Qualified candidates will have in-depth knowledge of physical and virtual servers, networking, and storage management operations including: Windows 2003 / 2008, Linux Redhat, IBM AIX / HP Unix / Sun Solaris, VMware, Cisco Networking, EMC and NetApp Storage Subsystems.
- Daily operational support services, requirements gathering, solution design, change management, project management for technology refresh/implementation, and continuous operational improvements
- Meet service level metrics for system availability, performance, and response time
- Operating system support including OS patch management
- Coordinate hardware provisioning and break/fix support with vendors
- User account IDs and security administration
- Daily backup and restore operations of OS and application data
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of server administration, network and storage management operations experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
- MCTS or similar certification
- Computer Associates Systems Management suite experience
Siemens - 19 months ago
Siemens AG (Siemens) is engaged in electronics and electrical engineering. During the fiscal year ended September 30, 2008 (fiscal 2008),...