Project Lead, Distribution & Supply Chain(Job Number: SUP00036B)
JOIN US AS A PROJECT LEAD, DISTRIBUTION INITIATIVES
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: project management, project lead, project manager, supply chain, distribution, process improvement, best practices, strategy, business analyst
About This Opportunity
Advance your leadership, operational and project management skills to new levels by inspiring and achieving great performance. Apply cutting-edge technologies to optimize our critical supply chain network. Drive sales profitably by delivering what guests want.
Work closely with Distribution Initiatives Senior Project Managers in developing, planning and supporting the implementation of strategic Supply Chain initiatives. Support and innovate ongoing Distribution Operations programs. Partner with teams from other pyramids as needed to support the implementation of companywide projects and initiatives. Support the Distribution Field Support team's efforts with regard to Best Practices/Continuous Improvement, training and implementation of new processes and methods while maintaining a focus on safety, quality and financial performance.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Project Lead you will…
- Lead strategic projects/initiatives that drive improved operational performance of the entire supply chain; develop and administer procedures, timetables, schedules and coordinate resources to ensure that projects are completed efficiently and on time; serve as a resource to conduct research and resolve supply chain issues by providing individual expertise while leveraging both internal and external resources
- Partner with other areas of the organization to help develop, test, measure and evaluate proposed supply chain innovations; drive for results by supporting and monitoring the implementation of supply chain initiatives with headquarters and field teams; follow up on issues with customers/suppliers in the existing supply chain on an as needed basis to maximize execution
- Serve on cross-functional projects and task forces to ensure continued performance of the supply chain; contribute to the success of these efforts by acting as a liaison and resource to these groups; effectively communicate project status information, solicit feedback, and effectively partner as needed with distribution headquarters staff, distribution field personnel, and other pyramid resources to achieve results
- Benchmark with other business units, internal and external business and utilize industry information to develop business solutions for the supply chain
- Support Field Support team efforts to sustain a high degree of compliance and utilization of best practices, along with improvement in the areas of quality, safety, and financial performance
- Ensures availability in schedule to travel to field locations as needed
- 4 Year degree. MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred
- Project management experience in driving supply chain management strategies; Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification/experience strongly preferred
- Proven innovative thinking, organization and problem solving skills; ability to drive large complex initiatives and strategies throughout an organization
- Networking, negotiation and delegation skills; ability to influence upwards and make recommendations for change
- Experience in an operations/supply chain environment strongly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25% of your time to distribution center locations throughout the United States
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minneaplis
Target Corporation - 16 months ago
Target Corporation (Target) operates Target general merchandise stores with an assortment of general merchandise and food items, as well as...