Ciber, Inc. is currently seeking a Linux System Administrator in the State of Tennessee.
This position will be responsible for working with a team of engineer/administrators to implement and support Java application servers and web server platforms. This role works with application teams to design and implement java/web solutions that support business applications within all business units, except consumer online. Additionally, this role is responsible for the operational management of the application server system.
- Setup JBoss EAP 6 on RedHat Linux in a clustered environment with Apache.
- Support experience for setting up domain, cluster and server group.
- Define and tune up various sub-systems like messaging, security.
- Fine tune JVM parameters, thread-pool and connections.
- Setup JON and other monitoring tools as necessary.
- General administration (deployment, configuration, redeployment, problem investigation and support) of applications running on JBOSS application servers platforms.
- Installation, upgrades, patching and support of 3rd party vendor infrastructure software products that support web application hosting.
- Implement and manage 3rd party software applications in a high availability configuration.
- Perform problem investigation, troubleshooting, performance tuning and capacity planning activities.
- Collaborate with application development, platform engineering, network engineering and database administration in troubleshooting application issues.
- Provide on call and weekend maintenance support.
- 7x24 on-call support for all issues relating to web servers and java application servers.
- Assist with application troubleshooting related to java and web server issues.
- Create management scripts for configuration changes, configuration backups, and complex application failover when related to the Apache/WebSphere/JBoss/Tomcat configuration.
- Design application systems using above products per requirements of the application. Assist with load balancing requirements, application placement, and security requirements involving application server setup.
- Configure monitoring tools and or create standard monitoring scripts to alert application teams and administration team of issues impacting users’ experience.
- Create processes to apply security and performance patches as required to application server and web components.
- Assist other Infrastructure teams with troubleshooting, projects tasks, and general day-to-day requests or activities.
- Assist with resolving configuration, vulnerability and audit exceptions.
Required Skills/ Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience supporting mid to large size java application server environments utilizing JBoss Application Server.
- 3+ years’ experience with application clustering, session management, web container and datasource thread management.
- 3+ years’ experience with Unix or Linux operating systems.
- Experience with load balancing concepts using network devices.
- Experience with SSL configuration, responding to security audits, and remediating web server vulnerabilities.
- Strong scripting expertise including Korn/Bash, PERL, Jython.
- Expertise in application server troubleshooting including garbage collection analysis, thread dump analysis, and system performance analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis and resolution techniques to complex system problems.
- Excellent communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate with system administrators, network administrators, database administrators, middleware engineers, developers, end users, and managers.
- Solid understanding of the following technologies:
- Operating Systems
- Linux (Red Hat) AS 5.x, administration, commands and utilities, and troubleshooting.
- UNIX (Solaris) administration, commands and utilities, and troubleshooting
- Oracle/BEA Web logic Server and Portal (10.x) in a Java EE Linux environment.
- JBoss EAP and EWS administration, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Middleware: JBoss Enterprise Web server (EWS) technologies - (Tomcat 6.x) / JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP 6).
- Release management; software installation.
- Network troubleshooting; TCP/IP networks.
- Experience working in HA environment.
- Monitoring Tools
- Configuration proficiency with availability monitoring for web applications.
- Monitoring: JON 3.x (JBOSS Operations Network).
- Site Scope, JON.
- Scripting: Perl, ksh, or bsh
- 3 Yr. Diploma / Bachelor Degree / Post Graduate Degree & JBoss certified preferred.
This position requires the successful completion of a background investigation and/or drug screen.
Ciber is a global IT consulting company with 7,000 consultants in North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific, and approximately $1 billion in annual revenue. Client focused and results driven, Ciber partners with organizations to develop technology strategies and solutions that deliver tangible business value. Founded in 1974, the company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CBR). For more information, visit
Just as we have built our business on the success of our clients, our continued company growth and achievements are built on the success of our team members. At Ciber we believe our employees are our most valuable asset. Upon contact, a Ciber Recruiter will discuss our benefits package in more detail as it pertains to your individual needs. Some highlights of our full benefits package include: paid time off, paid holidays, retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase plan, medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, and tuition reimbursement. Ciber, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CIBER - 18 months ago
No, CIBER's consultants aren't cyborgs. CIBER (Consultants in Business, Engineering, and Research) is an IT consultancy that...