Job DescriptiO n
Job Title: Commercial Director (also known as Account Management Director )
Process : All
Reports To: In-Country Manager(s) and Vice President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Defines business strategies by applying knowledge based on customer market. Responsible for retention and growth of the existing client base through individual efforts and efforts of the team to deliver profitable & quality service. Manages cli ent assignments. Builds strong C ustomer , OEM and Supplier relationships.
Base Salary 125k
Bonus 30k to 50k
Healthcare, Disability, Time off available
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate effectively with clients and v endors both written and verbal.
- Work closely and collaborate with multiple subject matter experts to develop and articulate technical solutions for commercial proposals.
- Create and manage proposal assignment and deadline schedules.
- Collect and write proposal materials to ensure technical, compliance.
- Strong analytical and math skills are required to prepare bids.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in business or technical curriculum
- A minimum of 20 + years of experience in a Buyer role or closel y related Purchasing activity
- Must obtain a C.P.S.M. within 2 years of position effective dat e
- Strong customer service, written and oral communication in English language
- Advanced Microsoft office capabilities (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Strong knowledge of purchasing fundamentals including solicitation of bids and negotiation
- Effective teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to assess priorities, demonstrate flexibility and understand sense of urgency
- Self-motivated , demonstrate problem solving abilities, continuous improvement and decision making
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- CPSM or APICS certification is highly desirable
- Lean and/or Six Sigma continuous improvement experience
error free transactions .
- Purchase parts and services at best savings and value for the company and affiliates.
- Establish working partnership and good relations with vendors.
- Maintains the integrity of purchasing data on the computer based planning system with
- Coordinates with suppliers to meet customer requirements and the requirements of the shop floor and ensures these requirements are clearly defined and communicated.
- Participates in an effective cost improvement and savings program for purchased materials and services.
- Evaluates supplier performance using the Company supplier rating model, and participates in continuous improvement efforts with suppliers.
- Supports project management efforts during the proposal and order processing stages.
- Coordinates participation of key suppliers in the design and manufacturing process.
- Process returns to vendor and use the required documentation or RMA forms.
- Carryout ISO-9001 purchasing procedures.
- Adhere to accounting rules and procedures with respect to purchasing in terms of pricing, process and payments.
- Manager vendor delivery performance of 95% or better on time delivery.
- Proactively prevent and manage supplier defects with each of your vendors.
- Act as a backup to other buyers that are out of the office.
- Act as mentor/coach leading lower level buyers.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving sev e ral concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. There are no special vision requirements . While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
AVSCO Houston is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
No agency submissions please.
NOTE: Resumes submitted to any AVSCO Houston employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with AVSCO Houston HR team in Houston Texas will become the property of AVSCO Houston and no search fees will be paid.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
AVSCO Houston is a Global Supply Chain and Project Management Company. With offices in Houston, Dubai, Nigeria and Libya, AVSCO was...