DuPont Pioneer is currently seeking a Senior Report Developer to support its North America business. The individual will interact with technical, functional and business stakeholders to manage, design, develop, test and deploy reporting solutions on the report development tools chosen by the company as enterprise wide solutions (SAP Business Objects, WEBFOCUS etc). This role entails doing new development as well as supporting the existing reports of complex business nature requiring specialized technical knowledge. Further the role may involve being a part of the core team working on delivering key reports in innovative ways such as on mobile devices.
Individual should be self-driven, be able to work and deliver quality output in a fast paced work environment, and bring synergies to the team. Duties/Responsibilities • Analyze, design, prototype, develop, test, document, and implement new or modify existing reports to support various business requirements. Work entails creation/support of basic to most complex reports.
2-4 years of hands on development experience in Business Objects (WEB Intelligence, Universe Design and Crystal Reports) on SAP and non-SAP databases is required. Some exposure to WEBFOCUS report development suite and /or representation of data on Maps with a reporting tool suite is desirable but not necessary. Competencies -Results oriented.
- Work with project leader in defining project plans, setting milestones, and estimating completion dates. Regularly report project status to project manager(s) and clients. Plan own pieces of overall projects and fit individual plans into overall plans.
- Follow established processes for the software development life cycle with an Agile/iterative approach.
- Work with organizational reporting suite of products (technologies) such as Business Objects, Xcelsius (Dashboards), SAP BEX queries
- Respond to problems/questions of clients and co-workers. Investigate technical and software-related problems, analyze, and recommend solutions. Explain resolution and impact to clients in terms they will understand.
- Work with Quality Assurance to develop effective test plans and their implementation
- Follow report development standards on the deliverables
- Be able to work with databases such as SQL/Oracle etc. from querying/analysis/reporting perspective.
- Perform any other essential duties as assigned. Education and Experience Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required.
- Analytical skills.
- Good understanding of Business Objects programming logic.
- Proficient knowledge of database management concepts.
- Good written/oral communication skills.
- Service oriented mindset
- Good organizational skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Flexible to stretch over regular business hours to meet commitments/deadlines.
Pioneer - 2 years ago
Forget T-bills and mutual funds. Pioneer Hi-Bred International, a subsidiary of chemical giant DuPont, boasts the best yields. One of the...