In this position,
the CT Scan Tech performs computed tomography procedures at a technical level requiring no constant supervision of technical detail and takes initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiographic diagnosis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Computed Tomography Procedures and CT Tech Duties
- Transfers and properly position patients for examinations in order to obtain desired radiographic results according to physician’s specifications and provides immobilization and protection as required
- Selects and operates equipment, selecting proper technical factors on an individual patient basis and selects and loads proper film cassettes
- Assists physicians in performance of examinations by mixing and pouring contrast media, administering opaque media, holding and turning patients, assisting in sterile procedures, and other related duties as required.
- Secures and returns supplies. Maintains room stock.
- Responsible for patient scheduling and smooth flow of schedule and patient preparation including contrast administration.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal function of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform another job-related duties requested by their supervisor
in accordance with regulatory, legal, and organizational policies and procedures.
Education, Experience and Licensure/Certification Requirements
representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
- Completion of AMA accredited Radiologic Technology program
- Current Montana State License to perform radiologic examinations
- Current BLS certification
- Minimum of two years X-ray experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers including the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, Kansas founded St. Vincent Healthcare in Billings in 1898. Motivated by its mission to provide...