Manager of Technical Services, Pipeline Engineering (Open to location)
The Engineering Manager, Pipeline Technical Services, will lead the strategic direction for the Pipeline Technical Services Team, which is a team of Engineers responsible for providing engineering technical support to Operations. The Engineering Manager will be focused on developing, implementing, and maintaining a sustainable process for pipeline maintenance project origination and risk based prioritization; implementing strategies to integrate and interface engineering technical support functions with operations and provide the engineering leadership for operations support
- Responsible for working with other company leaders to develop a five year strategic plan to include goals and strategies for addressing significant engineering challenges (aging / bare pipe, mining impacts, growth projects, class changes, pipe exposures, etc.).
- Maintain a high level of focus on health, safety and environment, ensuring safety within all pipeline activities.
- Meet regularly with field engineering personnel and operations field leadership.
- Partner with the System Integrity Team to deliver Operations Technical Support in the area of regulatory compliance and technical standards.
- Provide leadership in industry initiatives, research and technology development related to pipeline engineering and extract value from industry initiatives.
- Directly support both on and offsite operational integrity through development of strategies for assessment and maintenance of pipeline systems
- Develop and lead Engineer career development, engineering mentoring and support Engineering Internship programs.
- Responsible for cost center budget management, employee performance management and project management for initiatives led by the Pipeline Engineering Team.
- Degree in Engineering required; professional licensure preferred.
- 10+ years of field operations support experience desired.
- Must have demonstrated ability to serve as an effective leader both in the office and on project sites
- Must have effective strategic planning, change management and employee performance management skills
- Must be able to process information and make decisions under stress.
- Must be able to effectively communicate across all cultural and company boundaries.
- Ability to travel extensively with little to no notice
- Able to recognize and evaluate risks, hazards, losses and prevent conflicts between activities.
- Applicable gas industry experience needed (working knowledge of applicable codes, procedures, policies, federal regulatory knowledge, state regulatory knowledge, and natural gas market knowledge).
- Excellent analytical, communication, negotiation skills are needed.
- Requires the ability to read and understand technical documents including legal contracts and information on new management concepts and new technology.
- Looking to fill within the area of the operational headquarters Charleston, WV. Areas such as OH, PA, etc. Other locations will also be considered for the right candidate.
- Must exhibit the behaviors and incorporate into work activities and initiatives: Safety, Personal Accountability, Integrity, Results, Inclusion and Teamwork.
BlackRock Resources - 17 months ago