The scientist in this role will have broad responsibilities as a hands-on, laboratory-based analytical chemist. These efforts will be utilized to establish structure-property-behavior relationships related to materials, polymers and coatings. Moreover the associate will be expected to help design experiments in order to solve difficult challenges related to product development pipelines and maintenance of existing products.
Specific Job duties:
Bausch + Lomb is one of the best-known and most respected healthcare brands in the world, offering the widest and finest range of eye health products including contact lenses and lens care products, pharmaceuticals, intraocular lenses and other eye surgery products. The company is solely dedicated to protecting and enhancing the gift of sight for millions of people around the world – from the moment of birth through every phase of life. Our mission is simple yet powerful: Helping you see better to live better.
- Must have detailed understanding of chromatography based techniques and analytical method development, use and validation.
- Be able to work with small dynamic teams and present clear, accurate data in a timely fashion.
- The collaborative nature of this position requires that the individual works as part of a team, communicates openly with others in the R&D environment and accepts responsibility for timely development and execution of experiments intended to provide chemical understanding.
- Gather and document information required to design experiments that contribute to fundamental understandings and links to structure-property-behavior relationships.
- Recognize the strengths of the core analytical group and understand the importance of knowing when to stop experimenting.
- Be able to read, understand and follow standard operating procedures and other test procedures.
- Assist with general laboratory housekeeping. Maintain, order and replace inventory of supplies and chemicals as needed.
- Be familiar with and able to execute solvent based extractions of polymeric materials and provide high quality gravimetric as well as chromatographic data.
- Proactively develops strong relationships with functional partners to ensure an aligned approach for driving projects forward.
- Document findings in laboratory notebooks and reports, as appropriate, in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with ISO guidance related to Medical devices.
Bausch + Lomb is an equal opportunity employer.
M.S. with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- B.S. in chemistry, biology or related science with a minimum of 3 years industrial experience or
- A documented track record and ability to be a higher performing individual and team contributor.
- Experience in taking initiative in organizing and completing assignments on time.
- Must possess strong problem solving skills and people/team interaction skills.
United States-New York-Rochester Global Eye Health Center Site