Responsible for physical therapy management of patients under the direction & supervision of the Physical Therapy Supervisor.
• Tests & evaluates the extent of a patient's disability to ensure proper treatment using various tests & procedures.
• Plans therapy program, establishes treatment goals; & administers treatment to restore body functions, strength, relieve pain, & prevent disability through the use of various therapeutic techniques & procedures. This includes patients in establishing goals & obtains patient's informed consent as necessary.
• Provides patients & family members w/ treatment plan & instructions for home exercise programs & pain relief techniques.
• Upgrades treatment plan & goals as patient progresses.
• Regularly assesses clinical signs & symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patient towards goals, & the need for modifying goals & treatment.
• Discharges patient from physical therapy when the patient has received maximum benefit from physical therapy.
• Provides accurate & timely documentation of physical therapy management & patient management.
• Maintains appropriate medical records, documentation for each patient including evaluation, treatment & progress.
• Consults w/ medical providers regarding patient evaluation & treatment, progress of the patient, & discharge from treatment. Reviews patient records for current diagnosis, past medical history, precautions, & contraindications.
• Maintains compliance w/ documentation standards of department & regulatory agencies.
• Establishes safe work environment.
• Maintains clinical competency & ethical standards as outlined in the guidelines of the APTA.
• Maintains departmental supplies, equipment, & apparatus in clean, safe & functional condition.
• Directs & instructs support personnel in performance of more routine procedures as requested.
• Establishes & maintains courteous, cooperative relations w/ the public patients & other personnel.
• Provides triage Physical Therapy services by providing advice & care either by means of phone triage & or 1st Contact PT.
• Provides input & or assistance to Senior Physical Therapist & Physical Therapy Supervisor in the development of new classes, services, member & provider education, development of handouts, & other related services.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 3 years of full time practice as a licensed Physical Therapist in a clinical setting required.
• Actively pursuing & engaging in at least 1 of these continuing education or clinical experience to gain/enhance clinical expertise required as described below:
a) Post graduate degree from an accredited university with a specialty focus.
b) Fellowship or certificate from an accredited body or organization in a subject matter that is pertinent to our patient population and is clinic based.
c) Expertise/competency in a particular subject matter in a clinical subject matter in high demand or in a clinical subject matter that we have limited resources or specialists on staff.
d) Expertise/competency that has been gained from years of clinical experience from treating a pertinent diagnosis or patient population
• Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum for a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctoral Degree w/ certification in physical therapy or a foreign-trained equivalent required.
• Licensure to practice physical therapy by the State of Virginia required.
• National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
• BLS Certification required.
• Enrollment in PECOS required.
• Maintains professional and neat appearance at all times.
• Teaches Physical Therapy related Health Education Classes, if demonstrates the required clinical skills.
• Becomes actively involved in supervision & orientation of volunteers within Physical Therapy Department.
• Participates in community activities & member education at least 2 times per year, which may include teaching health education classes, participating in medical center functions and attending community health fairs.
• Is flexible for coverage as needed in other facilities within the service area if appropriate.
• Knowledge of or practice in at least 75% of Basic PT Clinical Core Competencies. Refer to list of clinical competencies.
At Kaiser Permanente, all of us, from accounting, sales and IT, to our care delivery teams on the front lines, stand for Total Health....